Front Air Vent Trim Replacement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone replaced the trim surrounding a front air vent before? Can the trim be ordered separately or is the vent and the trim joined permanently (see image)?

The part number I'm able to track down looks like the right part in one diagram (i.e. includes the trim), however in another view it's only the vent itself.

20210911_075523.jpg

20210911_075430.jpg

20210911_075458.jpg

What year LX? I'll try and dig up the number.

Yep! Shows December 2012 on the VIN plate on the drivers door.
Interesting.. that build (01/2012-10/2013) actually comes up as 55670-60270, but that part is discontinued. What would normally happen is it supercedes to the 55670-60271 number you got (I don't know the difference) but that isn't happening in their system. FYI the 60200 number above your circle is the same part but for a 2008-2011.

Whoever you order from I'd maybe try contacting them to verify fitment with your build date.

Now to answer your original question.. it appears the trim itself isn't available separately. I suspect the other diagram only showing the vent is a fluke, and the trim should come with it, but I'm not totally sure. Maybe also a question for your vendor. I am confident the trim isn't hiding in some other diagram though.

Btw some sites will be much cheaper than the quote you got above. The one I use is about $150. Find Toyota Parts at Discount Toyota Parts - AutoNation Toyota South Austin - http://parts.autonationtoyotasouthaustin.com BTW no affiliation, I'm just a satisfied customer.

Well, I was going to edit, but this is worth a new post.

On my vendor site I already had 2013 cruiser as the selected vehicle, and your part was listed as $153 dollars. Then out of curiosity I changed it to a 2013 LX570, and the same part was $208.

The L tax.

This kind of stuff pisses me off, but I'm pretty sure it is company-wide.. You might be able to get around it by not selecting your LX as the vehicle, but I don't know if that can cause problems with fitment guarantees.

Sorry for the $150 goose chase.

Interesting.. that build (01/2012-10/2013) actually comes up as 55670-60270, but that part is discontinued. What would normally happen is it supercedes to the 55670-60271 number you got (I don't know the difference) but that isn't happening in their system. FYI the 60200 number above your circle is the same part but for a 2008-2011.

Whoever you order from I'd maybe try contacting them to verify fitment with your build date.

Now to answer your original question.. it appears the trim itself isn't available separately. I suspect the other diagram only showing the vent is a fluke, and the trim should come with it, but I'm not totally sure. Maybe also a question for your vendor. I am confident the trim isn't hiding in some other diagram though.

Btw some sites will be much cheaper than the quote you got above. The one I use is about $150. Find Toyota Parts at Discount Toyota Parts - AutoNation Toyota South Austin - http://parts.autonationtoyotasouthaustin.com BTW no affiliation, I'm just a satisfied customer.

Thanks for the research. So I followed up on this as well. It seems 5567060271 is the correct part number (the site I am on does not show build dates) based on a quick google of images. However, 5567060270 shows as just a vent, no surrounding trim.

And I was able to find it for ~$170 with free shipping, but I will be trying autonation in the future. They do look slightly less expensive than Shop Lexus Parts and Accessories Online - https://parts.lexus.com/

I'm going to roll the dice for the 5567060271 part and will report back on the results.

Air vent trim 2.PNG

Air vent trim.PNG

*removed false match from eBay*

Last edited:
Thanks for the research. So I followed up on this as well. It seems 5567060271 is the correct part number (the site I am on does not show build dates) based on a quick google of images. However, 5567060270 shows as just a vent, no surrounding trim.

And I was able to find it for ~$170 with free shipping, but I will be trying autonation in the future. They do look slightly less expensive than Shop Lexus Parts and Accessories Online - https://parts.lexus.com/

I'm going to roll the dice for the 5567060271 part and will report back on the results.

View attachment 2783329

View attachment 2783331

View attachment 2783332
That last picture is the wrong part number all together, have to be careful with eBay, because it will show you false “matches” for your searches.

this is the ideal type of part to order from partsouq.com.

only $105 (+shipping)

I ordered the far right register for my truck from them. By far the best price I could find. Same price as the used parts on eBay.

That last picture is the wrong part number all together, have to be careful with eBay, because it will show you false “matches” for your searches.

this is the ideal type of part to order from partsouq.com.

only $105 (+shipping)

I ordered the far right register for my truck from them. By far the best price I could find. Same price as the used parts on eBay.

Did yours come with the trim AND vent? Also I've seen multiple people recommend partsouq on the forum. Are the parts genuine original equipment?

And thanks for the awareness on the Ebay item, I've edited my prior post to correct it. Honestly, I'm done ordering parts through eBay considering some of the counterfeit "genuine" parts being sold there.

Did yours come with the trim AND vent? Also I've seen multiple people recommend partsouq on the forum. Are the parts genuine original equipment?

And thanks for the awareness on the Ebay item, I've edited my prior post to correct it. Honestly, I'm done ordering parts through eBay considering some of the counterfeit "genuine" parts being sold there.
The part I ordered was both the vent and trim. Parts from PARTSOUQ are genuine as far as I can tell. The Middle East is a much bigger market for 200 series than the US is. I assume this is why their prices are so much lower. Here’s a map showing LC sales across globe. The place I got that picture from says it’s per 10k units of 2018 sales. But I suspect that’s a typo, should be per 1k units, since I don’t think they sold 36000 Land Cruisers in 2018 in NA. Either ways it’s almost 4 to 1 sales volume. And NA was only 5th biggest market overall. Of course, we only get the expensive ones, so profit wise NA may rank higher.

1631456039721.jpeg

+1 for partsouk. I ordered LC rocker panels to replace my LX panels when installing Slee sliders. They were Toyota original parts still wrapped in the original sticky paper and delivered in flawless condition. They were also considerably cheaper than from a Toyota dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom