Fridge slide (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those of you using a fridge, do you have it on a slide or just permanent mounted. I have an Engel 60qt, and was planning on building a slide for it, but now I am reconsidering. Mostly, because of my short stature, even if it did slide out to the tailgate, I'll still need to be on the tailgate to look through/get stuff out of it, so I don't think the slide will buy me anything.

Thoughts?

Thought I saw a slide that lowered down to tailgate level somewhere....
Functional, but what a lot of mechanicals....arms, pivots, struts...

Thought I saw a slide that lowered down to tailgate level somewhere....
Functional, but what a lot of mechanicals....arms, pivots, struts...

Or just suck it up and buy the cool gizmo that brings it down to the tailgate for you. It looks to be well made. I know few folks on the 80 board built their own.

Plan B: keep a folding stool handy :flipoff2:

I presume you mean this: Tembo Tusk LoadSpotter Drop Down Fridge Slide with Cutting Board
It is damn cool, but total overkill. Not to mention, at $1,200, I am fine just jumping on the tailgate to get my food, or putting it towards the 3rd row, to make it easier to get from there. Also, It still would probably not get over the end of the tailgate and drop down either, so I still would be in the same boat.

There are a few DIY of those as well, but I still think it's overkill, I prefer the KISS model of doing things.

I'm 5'4" with a lifted truck, I need a damn folding multi-step ladder!

I hear ya, I'm 5'10" and still need a folding stool. Remember, the lower tailgate tend to bend in the middle if you use it regularly at least that's the case in the 80 world. When Isabelle asks me why we didn't have a second child, I told her that the Engel took up the second child's space in the second row. :meh:

And here I thought I was being progressive by investing in a Yeti.

If you want to be really cheap, er progressive, get the Igloo Sportsman from Sam's club for less than half the price of the Yeti.

i hard mount my fridge in the folded down second row or on the floor in the back of the rig, depending on trip and config. but i only need one rear seat like Ash. lid to ceiling clearance can be a consideration as well as stepstool height...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom