For Sale FRESHLY built 1978 FJ40 < SOLD > (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Freshly built 1978 Toyota FJ40 “LandCruiser” Fresh paint and tons of new parts, this beast is ready to go beach cruising or off road. Too many parts to list.

Offered at $33K
Sales@FuelWellMoto.com
www.FuelWellMoto.com

BUILD HIGHLIGHTS:

Fresh Paint Entire Exterior & Interior “Alpaca Beige”

New BF Goodrich Tires KO2 All Terrain

New Rims Satin Black

Powder Coated Front Bumper & Tow Hooks

Full Custom Interior “Oxblood Red”

Original 2F Straight Six Motor w Major Tune-up, New Spark, Oil, Air Filter, Oil Filter.

New Starter Motor, New Belts, Hoses, New Battery

New Shocks

New Headliner

New Rear Bumpers –Powder Coated

New Toyota Badges

New Side Mirrors

New Rear, Front and Side Lights

Powder Coated Roll Cage –Gloss Black

All New Window Weather Stripping

Clean Current California Title and SMOG Cert

Check out this build process at #FJ40Lupe or on our Instagram page @FuelWellMotorcycles for more custom Land Cruiser builds.

FJ40 Lupe  promo 8211.JPG

FJ40 Lupe 8279.jpg

FJ40 Lupe 8257.jpg

FJ40 Lupe promo 8216.JPG

FJ40 Lupe 1111.jpg

None of my business :D.

Last edited:
@Sputnik40 If you run across a truck like this being advertised for $10-$15K, send it my way! Seriously, I'd buy more than one.

Case in point, I was at a Cars and Coffee event yesterday in South Carolina so not Cali talking with a Mud member about his truck. A dream rig. 1980FJ40, newly painted, lifted, power steering, 2F 4 Speed newly installed vintage air, engine compartment detailed (with the exception of the block itself which he plans to paint). The thing was stunning. Drawing a crowd. Were talking later and he says he had $25K or so into it and said if he sold it he thought he might get $15-16K. I tried to buy it on the spot as another member hurled a $20K offer over the top. It is probably worth twice that. He's not selling.

For Mud being the utmost authority on Landcruisers, I am pretty amazed at how badly members undervalue what these trucks have become worth. Maybe it's more about insulting outsiders who try to sell their trucks here or maybe it's if we say it enough we may make it a reality. I don't know, but it is bizarre.

Fuel Well Moto, it looks like you joined the site specifically to sell this vehicle which is kind of a bummer, but I am glad you brought it here because if a Mud member buys it, that's another cruiser that will be truly appreciated by its owner. Regardless of who you sell it to, please make sure and let us know what you get.

Im new to Forums.. tends to be too much negativity from guys who sit at a computer.. I spend my 60+ hours a week wrenching on vintage motorcycles & vintage trucks and this is the 4th FJ i've built, So joined to get more involved in the FJ culture and obviously sell my FJ. After all .. thats how I put food on the table is by wrenching on and building vintage vehicles full time. This is by no means a full frame off "Concours De Elegance" restoration but a nice, clean rig for someone to enjoy cruising on weekends and is not all chopped up like most out there... we will find a good home to this one!

Id like to know too.. and if there is any info or details I can provide such as seat mounts etc to confirm it is original or not.. id be more than happy to..

Not sure, maybe some Canadian mudders can chime in here, but a '78 with a bench seat, front heater but not rear heater (in original truck), HAS a dash pad, looks like maybe no roll cage pads . . .Could this be a Canada spec vehicle?

Regardless, seems like not-US but not sure of origin. It's possible that PO swapped in bench seats for some reason, but I've never seen that before.

Edit: forgot to mention no side window defrost vents, although I'm not sure if those were entire model year '78 or started mid-year sometime

Last edited:
Just looked at the eBay pics. The gauge cluster is in KM/HR. Clearly not a US gauge cluster / truck. The only 78s I have seen with a bench seat are non US trucks and that is why I asked.

As for the price on these things. They appear to be all over the board. The non US stuff and the fact that the firewall is not the same color as the rest of the truck are cons. If this was a clear US truck and the resto included the paint all through the truck (engine compartment) 33K would be within range in my opinion. I guess I would be asking more questions in this price range. Why was the firewall / engine compartment not painted? Spent a great deal of time on everything else? In any case it should make someone happy. Good Luck with the sale.
< SOLD > Today... being shipped to Austin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom