Four Days stuck in 1st and 2nd gear low Range (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

upload em to flickr or photobucket and post from there. Easy peasy.

Wagon's looking good Deny, I like it!

I know, I just like posting it all on the page I can talk about it. Don't worry should only take a few days for me to get around to get a US money order for woody and send down to him.

Thanks Norm

I can come play with you guys now that O's road legal again. :) Whatcha got planned for Aug. Long??

Same as July Long. We hope to be leaving by noon on friday in order to get to the good camp spot at the river above the falls, then we have two full days of wheeling / clearing before having to be back at that campspot by monday. Have to leave before noon on monday to get back into town. River crossings won't be as deep as in Alaska though;)

can I have my wagoon back?:grinpimp:

looks like a rad trip. I need to do it in an soa 55;p

My 2nd attempt... Liked the story and the photos, almost felt like I was there.

Howard your first attempt worked too, it's just on page two now, as more comments have bumped this thread to page three.
Cheers,
Deny

can I have my wagoon back?:grinpimp:

looks like a rad trip. I need to do it in an soa 55;p

For the right price I will sell it:hillbilly:

A SOA 55 would probably do better in that it is a bit narrower, a 40 would be good too, but the trees would bind up on the flat windsheild and lip on the top, a 70 would probably be best in that it is short and narrow, with sloped windsheild. I think when I build my 42/45 project I will have some sort of detachable cables running from bush gaurd to hard top, to help trees flow over the roof, like they do in the jungles of south america. Bush gaurd would be good idea on this trail too, adam smashed his front grill up and took out a front light on this trip.

Last edited:
Was this past where we went in 2005? How did you get through the huge washout that stopped us back then?

Hey Andy,

Remember how the group split up and a few continued down on the bottom road, and we went to try looping back on an even upper road that didn't exist. Well we went to where the lower road group went, and there is a quad trail conecting the two (very tight) and then it continues on to where they stopped (we had to build the log bridge). You can follow it on google earth and see that there are sections of the quad trail that connects the two roads that you can see comes out just after the big wash out on the upper road. the bottom road is washed out too, but not as bad, as it contained more sediment fill than actual wash out.

Cheers,
Deny

Well got the star back, so here are the rest as I have time.

Adam doing some truck shoveling to widen the soft bank for the trucks to fit through, but still had to do some willow trimming to avoid smashing the windshield. Then Adam crossing the river, which wasn't as deep as it looked.
IMG_0193.jpg
IMG_0196.jpg
IMG_0198.jpg

Me comin down, and the deepest the river was.
IMG_0205.jpg
IMG_0206.jpg
IMG_0207.jpg

Coming out the other side, and then the attack of the old burnt forest begins.
IMG_0209.jpg
IMG_0210.jpg
IMG_0212.jpg

trying to avoid the dead burnt trees as they keep reaching out for sheet metal like a bunch of dead zombies ripping with their fingernails as they are slowly whithering away and the sound of the trees scratching the body was a combination of fingernails on chaulk board and a fat screaming lady. Some climging and Amanda stuck again (I think for one of the last times;)
IMG_0213.jpg
IMG_0214.jpg
IMG_0217.jpg

My go at flip flopin through the washed out bridge / creek crossing
IMG_0219.jpg
IMG_0220.jpg
IMG_0222.jpg

Heading up the creek to have a look at the upper falls.
IMG_0239.jpg
IMG_0240.jpg
IMG_0244.jpg

Heading back down creek, then taking the step up to avoid all the turning and extra arm movement around the obstical (over hang hung up a little on the rocks, but with better line gotter.
IMG_0258.jpg
IMG_0263.jpg
IMG_0264.jpg

Up and over. Sorry Steve, just couldn't help myself, but if you send another with the discounted rear lenses, I will be sure to put it on the other side, and not touch it ;)
IMG_0266.jpg
IMG_0267.jpg
IMG_0268.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom