Four Days stuck in 1st and 2nd gear low Range (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You need a snorkle. You're one of the few that seems to find ways of putting winch and snorkle to use on a regular basis :clap:.
More pics?

Yeah I seem to have a habit of getting in trouble in deep water. Funny thing is that this locked 60 is capable enough that I have yet to really get stuck to use my winch, but we did use adams winch to haul the tree down the road. The chain saw sure did get a work out again this trip though. work is a bit busy, so will get on the pics some time this week (have ball tonight)

Just tried putting on the photos, but looks like it didn't work.
Cheers,

Did a test and looks like there is some kind of security on adams pics, so will have to fix that.
Cheers,
IMG_0223.jpg

another test to see if I fixed things for all photos or just the few I fixed.

looks like it is working
IMG_0238.jpg

Heres a few end of lunch specials, will just start from the begining of the trip again and post up as I have time.
IMG_0064.jpg
IMG_0065.jpg
IMG_0072.jpg

flexing and scenery

Still having problems with security though, had to try putting these photos on twice, anyone know what my problem could be?
IMG_0094.jpg
IMG_0095.jpg
IMG_0098.jpg

Got to the narrow section on the end of our first night, steep revine, and the road loops around to the other side of the narrow valley down below.
IMG_0109.jpg
IMG_0110.jpg
IMG_0111.jpg

Last edited:
In the morning after camping at the edge of the ravine we set off to work and build up the road so we could get to the rest of the trail. Note how narrow the trail was in this area and the last photo is the spot where we could not dig into the bank cause of the rock, so we had to build a bridge across instead.

Oh and this photo problems sucks, I go to upload all three photos at once only to get the security warning, so then I have to upload each of the three pics one at a time, which is getting real old, but somehow works. Lucky right now I had a few beer after ball and am not at the stage of punching through my screen yet, so better go to sleep now.
IMG_0112.jpg
IMG_0114.jpg
IMG_0116.jpg

Amanda takes some real nice photos, no idea on the security thing. Thanks for posting these even if it is a PITA. I heard from a friend that worked as a ranger in Tumbler park that the area was amazing. Looking forward to 2012.

You can come do this trail with us in 2011 too if you want, we plan to rig something up to do some brush clearing for next year (this year we will go in for Aug. long to clear more of the dead trees that cause most of the damage, then try for the high mountain trail that apperrently gets to a saddle between two mountains. (we climbed over 1000ft in about 1/2 hour of lowrange crawling last time we started up that trail, and I think we weren't even half way up the mountains from the valley floor, so I think it climbs up quite a way still)

On a side note we heard the Grande Prairie crew has been going to onion lake for the last few years since our Fort St John club (now disbanded) showed them the trail a few years back. Anyway apparently they had 12 trucks head in there last year and they actually made it all the way to the lake. I am assuming that a one locker truck could probably make it if they had 12 trucks go through.
Cheers,
Deny

edit, photos below show the 1st edition of the bridge, then adam tried and it sluffed away
IMG_0120.jpg
IMG_0123.jpg
IMG_0128.jpg

Last edited:
Then we huffed and puffed up the side of the extremely steep slope, only to fall the dead tree a bit too far for adams winch to grab, and this tree was way too heavy to cary, so the three of us pulled it close enough to winch then set it in place then adam tried again, this time it didn't even budge. but will still set some spikes in there and maybe tie the logs together next time we go in.
IMG_0129.jpg
IMG_0132.jpg
IMG_0134.jpg

Then Amanda snuck by without almost needing the bridge, but still took a tire on it cause we didn't want it slipping between the road and bridge. Then it was my go at the tight trail. Gotta say it was a bit scary with one tire on the road and one off, then nothing but revine. Crawling was easy as adam had sluffed the edge down enough so my truck didn't really move the edge of the bank very much.
IMG_0138.jpg
IMG_0145.jpg
IMG_0146.jpg

Gotta say adam had some balls going first, cause there was nothing but log and air seperating our trucks from the long fall down to the creek in the revene below.
IMG_0147.jpg
IMG_0148.jpg
IMG_0149.jpg

More flexing at the next obstical. Am real happy with the wheelability of this big wagon, the flex is awsome, the wheel base is not too long, the over hang is a bit much, but the front locker helps drag it over things. I will probably be building my rusty 42/45 project the same wheelbase, and probably a bit less over hang, but I could live with it to make the truck more practicle.
IMG_0151.jpg
IMG_0154.jpg
IMG_0155.jpg

The great Lower Falls, then past the falls is the start of a few wet areas and the "BOG"
IMG_0171.jpg
IMG_0175.jpg
IMG_0184.jpg

Amanda did good and if we would have known what we knew about going the long way through the bog, she wouldn't have got stuck here (heck I wouldn't have had bog water inside my truck either).
IMG_0185.jpg
IMG_0186.jpg
IMG_0187.jpg

Thanks H,
Thats it for photos for now, still got like 50 to post, but looks like i just lost my silver star, so I have to send in a check to get it back.
Cheers,
Deny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom