Found a good heater hose replacement for external heater (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found a good replacement heater hose for the external heater—the ones under the truck

gates # 18452
121A8162-1BA6-416A-B70B-23A25234BFEB.jpeg

Oohhh, good share. Thanks.

What is that material sleeve under the hose clamp?
The wire style hose clamp was a bit too large for the hose—so I put some friction tape on there so it would clamp A little tighter

Thank you
Went out today and picked up them two hoses for my rear heater.

Nice work, thanks.

How did you find these?...cross ref. on the web, or digging through an auto parts store inventory?
I took the old ones down to o Reilly and just matched them up on the wall in the back room—-just found ones that were close—hope this will save some guys some time

Just did this recently... man, I wish my hard lines were as clean as yours!

I took the old ones down to o Reilly and just matched them up on the wall in the back room—-just found ones that were close—hope this will save some guys some time
Any chance you saw something that can be used in place of the FJ60 rear heater bypass hose? That is the unicorn!
Good resourceful find!

this is for an fj60, right? Looking for a similar list for a 62... have looked at a lot of threads but not finding consistent/clear info.

Look for the under car heater hoses and the ones highlighted in green. Firewall hoses would be a nice bonus. Toyota ideally if available.

The ones in green I haven’t found in any part number diagrams...really banging my head against the wall lol.
1568CAE3-AD0B-41CD-943C-17FBC6EA99A2.jpeg

Last edited:
The diagram for a 62 shows more of a U with a flat bottom but looking at the truck gates 18453 should work great.

Hey folks. This is my 62 heater line. Gates 18453 will be perfect for the ones going into bottom of rear heater and I found that I can get both intermediate bends out of a single Gates 19038 as they’re both just a little different.

Does anyone know PN or replacement options for the hose circled? It’s the top one up against fire wall. TIA!!

0E8F522C-FA6E-4185-BFC4-81BE92471C57.jpeg

Well done! I'll be picking these up for my 62 for when I do the cooling system work (hopefully this summer, but as soon as I can either way). I still need to find a simple U shaped hose to install as a bypass just upstream of the hard lines to the rear heater so I can pull those off and recondition them. I'm hoping the rust hasn't penetrated too deep to allow my buddy to blast and powder coat the outsides of them. Both sets to my knowledge are NLA for the 62, or else I'd just buy them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom