Found a 2008 with 70k miles on it (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm digging the gold. Good purchase. What suspension are you thinking of?

Thanks for the kind compliments. Have had an 80 series for many years, so the comfort, power and technology upgrades are mid boggling. Love the 80 series but they are getting long in the tooth.

No rust on this that I've discovered thus far, but I haven't had it up the air for a thorough inspection. What I saw looked good.

Not sure on the suspension - have to do some research on the forum. My first inclination is to call slee and order an OME 2" set up with UCA, front and rear bumpers and sliders. But I will most likely do this:

Crawl around and get a good baseline feel for the rig.
Remove the flares and running boards
Order a set of Nitto Trail Grapplers in 275/70R18
Order and install slee sliders
FIgure what bumpers I want. May leave the back alone. Does anyone just trim the plastic back? Not sure what's under all that fascia.
Determine how much lift I might need.

Thanks for the kind compliments. Have had an 80 series for many years, so the comfort, power and technology upgrades are mid boggling. Love the 80 series but they are getting long in the tooth.

No rust on this that I've discovered thus far, but I haven't had it up the air for a thorough inspection. What I saw looked good.

Not sure on the suspension - have to do some research on the forum. My first inclination is to call slee and order an OME 2" set up with UCA, front and rear bumpers and sliders. But I will most likely do this:

Crawl around and get a good baseline feel for the rig.
Remove the flares and running boards
Order a set of Nitto Trail Grapplers in 275/70R18
Order and install slee sliders
FIgure what bumpers I want. May leave the back alone. Does anyone just trim the plastic back? Not sure what's under all that fascia.
Determine how much lift I might need.

The rear plastic? Behind the wheels there isn't much metal, just plastic. But 99% of the time, while wheeling, rear corners are what gets thrashed.

So i took possession today and so far am liking it. No rust that I can find. Needs the right front inner fender liner. Took off the running boards and flares tonight. Ughh. Still have to use some adhesive remover on the remainder of the goo on the rear doors. Not sure why someone thought it was a good idea to put that stuff on. The front flares did leave some paint damage on the line where the seam filler was. I can probably buff most of it out but it'll be there. I am sure the rig will get "pin striped" as I use it, so maybe not a big deal in the long run.

Also swung by the tire shop and had the 4 ply open country tires replaced with some Les Schwab Cooper 10 ply mud terrains. 33's rub the upper control arm, so went with 32's for now. Will go 33 or later when I scratch together enough for a lift.

Nice truck, I bought my 08 with 70k on it 2.5 years ago. Gold is making a comeback! I think the gold/beige trucks look great with black wheels, and even better with black wheels and tinted windows.

Todays version of the truck. Still need to get the tape goo off the rear doors.

20171205_115738.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom