for sale / want to buy (local) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Cowboy what parts are you looking for? We would really like for you to make the next meeting!!

Michael <><

Well it's just a lot of odds and ends really. Nothing real big yet. And I'll definitely try to make the next meeting bud! I could really use a battery tray now that I think about it lol. Since I'm rambling, is there a trick to getting the brake drums off? Other than a BFH and lots of beer?

Hey Cowboy,
I just went through this on my 45. You are suppose to use the adjusting wheels to draw the brake shoes in away from the drum. (As if I would ever take that kind of time). Then there are two threaded holes in the face of the drum where you can use a jacking screw to start the drum moving. Usually after it starts moving (maybe the first 1/4 inch) they will wiggle right off. I also use penetrating lube around the center hub and all wheel studs with lots of tapping with a hammer to help get everything broken loose.

LOL,
Michael <><

I have been listing parts on ebay from a 1974 FJ40. If you are looking for something, pm me and I will see if I have it. I have sold the tub, doors, most of the big stuff. But I still have the hard top with all the glass, knobs and switches, two wiring harnesses, seat mounts, etc. I will have axles, 4 speed trans, transfer case, brake drums, 3 speed bell housing, a working heater, steering box, that will come off of Elsie in the next few months as I swap some stuff from the donor. But for now, I am going to enjoy driving it for a while. I also have the 74 frame with id plate, an F1 motor, hinges, and other small stuff.

Anybody local got a oem roll bar they don't need. I only need the high main center bar but would buy the whole thing. Need it for my 78. I live in bham but travel to north al often.

Jason (Reevesci here on mud) at Trail Tailor made this bumper for me about a year ago and while theres absolutely nothing wrong with it at all... i now want something different because im just difficult and i can't keep my mind made up haha.

It's a single swingout, centered tire carrier mounted high and tight to the body to keep the spare out of those big Georgia boulders.

Paid $1700+ last year

Your Price: $1400 + shipping (I will deliver within 100 miles of 30080 for free)

Freebies:
- Red TEQ bottle opener. (Use it to celebrate your new bumper purchase)
- 12" Light bar (NOT mounted, so use it where ever you want!)
- Bumper is currently black, but ill spray it what ever color you'd like (as long as that color spray paint is available at my Home Depot lol)

Pictures from install:
15383159600_f957c6791c_c.jpg

(if you're not removing at least one driveshaft to install a rear bumper, you're not doing it right)

14947997384_b0bd12923b_c.jpg

(Make some money back by selling your rear view mirror!)

15450404229_8782fb8e54_c.jpg

(Neat locking thing so you don't destroy your quarter panel)

15637856402_5881bb2e3c_c.jpg

15451404090_4e12408de4_c.jpg

15720310728_7b17961f80_c.jpg

(FREE LED bar NOT MOUNTED, but is included for you to use how ever you see fit!)

15483867770_ee430a84b9_c.jpg

(FREE TEQ BOTTLE OPENER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Most current pictures:

17573524555_7ec8ae155d_c.jpg

(Hutchinson NOT included lol)

19706119806_d2294eb9dc_c.jpg

(Rotopax NOT included)

Your Price: $1400 + shipping (I will deliver within 100 miles of 30080 for free)

Looking to see if anyone has a bib and bezel, preferably with the mesh and emblem for sale for a fj40. Would consider all years but mostly looking for one the style of my 1976. I'm in Blount County but would be willing to travel.
Thanks, Brett.

I have been cleaning out my garage and finding a bunch of stuff. There are parts for UZJ100's, FJ40's, and Mini-trucks. See the attached PDF for Items and prices. All prices are negotiable. Best way to contact me is via text @ 256-206-3909.

Attachments

• Toyota Parts for Sale.pdf
    228.4 KB · Views: 342
I am in need of a 2F head. Casting # on current head is 61031

I've got a 61040 head in Ft. Payne, but if its for your 78 fj40, it probably won't work since it was made for flat top pistons and I think the 61031 is for domed.

For sale in Huntsville an 87' H55F comes with a NIB shifter, new in the bag shift knob and a 5 speed shift pattern data plate $1800.00 obo.

Thanks,
Michael B. <><

Have got some stuff I'm looking to trade.
I've got one 1972 1f engine core I have no idea if it could be rebuilt. I all I know is that it had water in the oil when I got it. I flushed the old milky oil out with diesel and checked the compression. It had little to no compression on most of the cylinders. I have two front bibs with the mesh, emblem and headlight buckets still attached. They're off a 72 or 73 I believe. Two sets of aprons in pretty good shape. I might have the emblems but not sure at this moment. One set of fenders looks to have had some fiber glass work done on them but they are solid. I have the hood off of a 73 but is been patched and is pretty flimsy. I have the barn doors and spare tire carrier but the right side and tire carrier all dented pretty good an I'm not sure if they are useable but left side is in good shape. I would like to trade a combination or a partial trade for some of the following: fj40 four speed transmission (h41) , a right barn door or just a set. Would also consider a partial trade for a running om606 turbo diesel out of an 98 or 99 Mercedes. Probably have some other parts I could part with for the right deal. As of now I would rather trade but will entertain reasonable cash offers.
During the week text is best. You can give me a call any reasonable time on Saturday or Sunday afternoon. If I miss your call leave a message with your name and number and I'll call you back.
You can reach me at 3344443639

Does anyone have a set of fj40 stock steel wheels they want to part with? I'd like to go back to stock rims on my 64

Looking for some bucket seats in decent shape and some barn doors if anybody's got anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom