Fools Gold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just in case yer misery wants company

Dang Broseephus! My motor-house I fear is eating the fresh u-joints. It's starting to vibrate again and those new joints have less than 2000 miles on them. So... Maybe unbalanced shaft? Maybe too small for the application? Either way, a different struggle for a different day.
Hope you can sort it out as fast as possible.

515 for a FF rear
650 for a front.
I wish I could have gotten that for minz.

Goldy still has a SF rear right? turn that thing into a steering axle and put a FF in the back.

l_bda0c630-86b2-11e2-af52-4d3aca200009.jpg

Road Trip WOOT WOOT!!!

The price is not negotiable. Not sure what I've got myself into. But whatever it is, requires storage AND wrenching space. Two things I do not have.

yes you do

Who will let me pull an axle from under a truck in their driveway and leave the rest? Keeping in mind it's going to make a oily mess from many components.
And a rig sitting on its frame. For no telling how long.
Sorry. I don't have a space for that right now. I would not do that to anyone I know.
All for a few pieces? Only if "I" had the space...

If I had a spot for it I would buy the one in Jackson and sell you the front axle and then have a parts rig for mines own.

If I had $1000 and a spot to fix it... Talking to her sounds like it only needs the dent pushed out of the door and a PS pump. I'd hate to part a working rig out... Wish I could go buy it and rehab it.

when you swap out the axles there is some good stuff on there that you might want to salvage. Longfield wipers and upgraded torx head studs should still be good. caster plates and locker should be obvious.

I'm just going to rebuild this one. No swaps.

Lemme get my lot/land for the pole barn... There will be parts in the yard... If not wagons...

Lemme get my lot/land for the pole barn... There will be parts in the yard... If not wagons...

I just got the land, so now to start collecting parts :grinpimp:

Is that 80 series still at pullapart? It had both axle assemblys in it last time I was out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom