Font type for the gauge labels on the cluster bezel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Clubtroy

SILVER Star
Threads
Fellow MUDers,

I've searched for an hour in FAQ and trying to use the filter to no avail. Can someone tell me who the resident expert is for gauge cluster restoration?

I need the labels for OIL TEMP FUEL AMP and the old school Letraset dry transfer method was a miserable fail. Anyone have any advice on a solution that looks OEM?

Thanks in advance!

Troy

I tried for a while and gave up trying to find something I could purchase premade for this.

I have been working on this custom solution for a while and have found a way to print these onto the bezel. It is a custom printed dry letter set that look like paint when it goes on.

Its tricky to put on but looks fantastic. I am hoping to sell these restored surrounds.

Let me know if you interested I can make you a deal since your my first customer. 😁

IMG_20210603_201515__01.jpg

Looks great. My Bezel is painted and ready to go. I tried doing the Letraset dry transfer one letter at a time and that was a disaster. How much for the dry transfer printed set? I want to use my bezel as it took a while to find the ultra flat black paint to match the gauge cluster. Let me know what you are offering.

If I recall, I used Helvetica Medium and compressed it, I don’t remember how much, just til it looked okay. I used a basic 3M white vinyl cut on a plotter.

6877F506-E155-45B1-A725-706494844825.jpeg

Google this

MIL-M-18012B

This is a standard that was widely used in guages.

Many Thanks to @JVZii for the lettering kit. Very pleased with the result and his letters are spot on. His kit is the only way to go in my book! 🙏:cheers:

gauge labels.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom