Flywheel Cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Could someone tell me if I either have the wrong cover or if I am missing a piece where the flywheel meets the oil pan? This is for a 1978 FJ40 with a 2F. See picture.

20191226_232808.jpg

Looks like a much later cover.
As far I know this is bellhousing is from 1978. Do you think the PO had installed the wrong cover and I need to get the one that matches this year?

My rig is at the mechanic right now so I found so old pictures of the bellhousing. Per the link below, it would appear that I have the right bellhousing and an older flywheel inspection cover. Pretty sure I need a one piece cover. Does anyone have a good source for these?

P1000115.JPG

P1000051.JPG

It would be pretty simple to make the top half of a two-piece cover. It's just sheet metal with a small flange at the bottom. It just keeps crap out of the bellhousing/clutch.

You might also check with Crockett. He's near you and he might still have some parts.

Good point, maybe I will just make the top half, should be pretty easy.

X2 on @crockett
Dave used to have lots of parts

@crockett responded back and is going to dig through his parts! Thanks for the leads! Plus he his about 15min from my work.

FWIW, I just came in from the shop and checked '77 (12-1976) and mine is one piece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom