Floor mat question 1982 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rover67

SILVER Star
Threads
can anybody tell me if the OEM floor mat was separated where the rear heater lines go past it? It looks like it won't lay right otherwise...

A picture would be sweet! Thanks!

IMG_9992.JPG

ummm, werent the heater lines supposed to go over the top of the mat? might be wrong but thats the way i had it

When I took the truck apart it looked like they were bolted directly to the body with an old stock Mat over top of them, I just can't remember the details on that back part and I don't want to cut the mat If i'm not seeing how to configure it correctly. Now that's not to say it was wrong before, just an observation.

Pretty sure mine(82) ran under the original mat, when I put the new (yeah, last one available ) I had removed the rear heater, but left the hardliners under the new mat.

I didn't or couldn't cut any of the perforations out.

Yeah it's actually brand new, I ordered it at Boulder Toyota years ago. I've been debating whether or not to actually use it and kinda felt like I might as well..

Someone told me to put mine away, it would be worth a bundle one day......he was right, but I had to put it in anyway, what good does it do in a box? ;)

Thinking the same. It kinda makes the truck.

Do you have a photo of yours around those heater lines? mine doesn't lay quite right

OK Sweet, thanks! I was just making sure before I separated those precut sections.

ummm, werent the heater lines supposed to go over the top of the mat? might be wrong but thats the way i had it

1. I cant believe you are actually using a mat that is in pristine shape like that. That is worth at least a grand or so. 2. I have never seen any pics of a mat with the heater lines over the top of it.

i stand corrected! see, this is what happens when some one uses such a rare and awesome piece of kit in their 40!

Marco, I don't the answer to your question. I just like staring at all that floor mat beauty in its native pasture.

Yeah man, it really makes the inside of the truck, I love how it looks!

Here's how mine looks. I think those pre-cut tears are intended to clear the lines.

View attachment 1523715

Sweet, this is exactly what I was wondering

My 82 runs under the mat like your picture.

Yeah, I'm 100% positive the lines run under the mat, it was that back part I was really curious about.

The truck is getting close, i'm excited! Thanks for the help everybody!! And thanks for all of the various the parts Mr. Cityracer!

So I haven't looked yet but it sounds like a floor mat is not something that I can find. If love to have one in mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom