FJC at Tellico with Upstate Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CandyPants

K9CRZ
SILVER Star
Threads
Took the truck to Tellico this weekend for some wheelin' with the Upstate Cruisers. They are a great bunch of folks and really welcomed us FJC owners with open arms! The Trail Team was there (Robbie, Chris and Rod) and were fantastic as usual. We had a total of 6 FJC's there, 5 of which hit the trails (2 Trail Team, me, Carl from Alabama, and Carlos (K_os) who was stock w/manual transmission).

This is the first time I had my Ti out with the mods (OME lift, SuperSwamper SSR's, AllPro Bumper, additional tube welded to the Toyota sliders, ATRAC button, etc.) and I can't tell you how pleased I am with the truck! Stock this thing is more capable than anything that has come out in a long time, but with a few basic modifications, WOW.

I realize that this sounds like a bunch of rah rah bu:censor: t, but it's not meant to be at all. The truck did great. I still think that more armor would help under the belly of the beast. Also, the back bumper has to go...the plastic just is not going to hold up.

Here are some pics of the trip:

The line up
OverTheMountainTour006.jpg

Off we go a wheelin'

OverTheMountainTour007.jpg

FJC's on the trail...the Ti is mine and the Voodoo is K_os

OverTheMountainTour008.jpg

OverTheMountainTour009.jpg

OverTheMountainTour010.jpg

OverTheMountainTour012.jpg

OverTheMountainTour019.jpg

OverTheMountainTour021.jpg

OverTheMountainTour022.jpg

OverTheMountainTour024.jpg

OverTheMountainTour025.jpg

OverTheMountainTour026.jpg

OverTheMountainTour030.jpg

Tellico is always soupy! :)

It rained that morning (heavy) and then rained on us in a "gorillas in the mist" type fashion all day with the occassional cloud burst.

There was lots of Tellico snot out there...and there were two FJCs that made it with street tires!

Great pics Heather! We had a blast with you guys and hope to see you all again on the tour.

Happy trails,

Chris

DanKunz said:
Tellico is always soupy! :)

It rained that morning (heavy) and then rained on us in a "gorillas in the mist" type fashion all day with the occassional cloud burst.

There was lots of Tellico snot out there...and there were two FJCs that made it with street tires!

Makes me want to go to Tellico :)

I take it was Dan out getting wet for the pictures? Hope you made him a hot meal later on :D

Yeah, Dan took a lot of the pictures...but we did take turns driving so I get a little pic credit. :)

Luckily, we didn't have to worry about who made dinner thanks to Marshall (Trollhole) with UC, he was our camp chef and did a great job keeping us fat and happy!

If you have a chance to go to Tellico with your FJC, do it. It's a great test to see what you can do and what you can do with your truck.

Tellico was greaet.. My pics just lack any action whatsoever. I'll post some when I get them up. I'm patiently waiting for marshall's pics/video. Same with Rod's pictures you'd always see him laying down somewhere snapping a pic.

If you go there with a stock FJC just have lots of patience and trust your spotter, and you should be fine. Even with worn out Duelers H/Ts.

c8e0bc0b.jpg

ef7a441d.jpg

776294bf.jpg

ee299dad.jpg

1bc234bc.jpg

There you go.. my cousin had a fixations with your FJ heather she took more pictures of yours than anything else.

I'm jealous. Stuck in SFL with nowhere to wheel and seeing Tellico pics makes me tear up a little. Looks like you all had a good time.

The more I see pictures of Tellico, the more I want to go there. When I get some time I may be checkin in with local TLCA members to see about making a run sometime.

I live about 2.5 hours south of Tellico...always willing to go if I am able :)

Awesome.......

Upstate cruiser is going back in january... I should be there I am pretty sure heather and dan are going to be there too.. this time.. new tires :)

Yeah before I'll go, I'll definitely have a lift and mud tires etc. Looks like an awesome time. I love it when it's raining and muddy and even foggy. I'm a lights person too so I will probably have front fogs and roof rack lights too.

Shouldn't your signature say:

"Chick Tested, Brother Approved" ?? :D

LandCruisers4Life said:
Yeah before I'll go, I'll definitely have a lift and mud tires etc. Looks like an awesome time. I love it when it's raining and muddy and even foggy. I'm a lights person too so I will probably have front fogs and roof rack lights too.

You don't really need the the lift even though it'll save you from some stress. Tires is good to have them. What you do need for sure is rockrails. This is a must if you don't want to end up with bent up door frames.

k_os said:
You don't really need the the lift even though it'll save you from some stress. Tires is good to have them. What you do need for sure is rockrails. This is a must if you don't want to end up with bent up door frames.

Yeah I got the rock rails. The size mud tires I want will not fit without a lift - 295s so I will have a lift too :)

Nice photo's guys. I'll be sure not to miss it next year or any other time subsequent.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom