FJ80 needs New Shoes... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1992 FJ80 am looking at a set of new rims and tires. I am going to go w 16" tires this time around. I have found some 16 x 8 steel rims w 3.5" of backspace that are 6 on 5.5" w the correct size center. Black and powder coated. Will I have any back space issues? I am gonna run 32 or 33" equivalent tires. Not worried bout tires but back spacing...

I have these since Nov 2009, daily driver and still have one more year of use. BFG KM2 33.12.50x15. This is the picture from when I bought them.
tractor6.jpg

There is an OE wheel that is 16x8 with 0 inset(~4" backspacing). You want to run 16x8 with 3.5" backspace which means a negative inset of 12.5mm. Effectively, you are spacing the wheels out by 12.5mm or thereabouts. Should be just fine.

In reality, if you include the rim flange thichness, which is about 11-12mm, you're only at a negative 1mm inset. Still good.

I just threw on a set of Yokohama Geolander 35s yesterday. Also powder coated the stock wheels. AT version. Looks awesome but have not tested offroad yet.

10-4. Thanks for the replies....

What you really ought to be looking at is a set of these bad boys. Great for on the spot visual inspection of your brakes and everything behind them.

82811d1213338043-looking-update-my-esprit-wheels-ocean_view_ghetto_car.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom