Fj80 coils on a 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did a couple searches, nothing came up. Putting some 96' LC coils on the back of my buddies 2000 4Runner, and i know that it needs a longer brake line and likely a panhard bar drop bracket. Anyone know what bracket works? I heard there's one through Summit Racing that works well that I saw on another website, but wondering if anyone's done this swap and knows firsthand? Also, saving me (my buddy) from buying the whole braided kit, anyone know of a single rear brake line that works? Please and thanks, help appreciated!
Phil

I've had 80 coils on the rear of my 4runner for 7 years or so. I have the panhard drop bracket and I think it came from toytec- not sure if they still sell them. It works I guess. I ended up bolting it to the frame and also welded it in place since it was always moving around.
I seriously recommend building/buying an adjustable panhard instead of using the bracket.

As far as the brake hose- I am still using the stock one and have had no problems. It can look tight when the truck is on a hoist. You probably should use an extended one though, especially since this is not your truck.

Check out Sonoran Steel 1.2 kit. i just put it on my 01 Limited. You can buy the entire suspension kit, or you can buy a kit and get your own springs and struts. i just put mine on and it was super easy. i went with radflo coilovers in the front. you can get the kit for just the back though.

META_TAG_FACEBOOK

back only
META_TAG_FACEBOOK

the lift looks awesome, rides awesome and it is really flexy

Than you @HERF0318 , the coils were becoming hard to find as I couldn't find the ones I took off my land cruiser, and having a good friend at the dealership in the parts department, my buddy ordered new coils. They'll be a little high, and stiff for a few weeks but that's fine. We're going to build him a panhard drop bracket out of tubing and weld it to his factory bracket, with the necessary gussets/bracing to keep it stronger than stock. Do you have pic's of yours since putting the kit on? Itll help me convince my buddy to lift his a bit more! Thanks for the info!

yes i do, here you go. the front is about 3.5 over stock and i think the back is 4-5 over. it has settled a little and looks perfect. i will be throwing some bumpers which will level it out as well.

20160903_155250.jpg

20160914_172731.jpg

This truck looks great. What size KO2s are those?

Did a couple searches, nothing came up. Putting some 96' LC coils on the back of my buddies 2000 4Runner, and i know that it needs a longer brake line and likely a panhard bar drop bracket. Anyone know what bracket works? I heard there's one through Summit Racing that works well that I saw on another website, but wondering if anyone's done this swap and knows firsthand? Also, saving me (my buddy) from buying the whole braided kit, anyone know of a single rear brake line that works? Please and thanks, help appreciated!
Phil

I have 80 coils in the rear, no panhard bracket. I honestly don't think you need it if you get an adjustable bar. If you still have some wag after the lift and adjustable bar, maybe it needs a panhard drop. I think I have the drop bracket in my garage, I'll make you a deal if you want it.

I have 80 coils in the rear, no panhard bracket. I honestly don't think you need it if you get an adjustable bar. If you still have some wag after the lift and adjustable bar, maybe it needs a panhard drop. I think I have the drop bracket in my garage, I'll make you a deal if you want it.
That's awesome, I'll ask my buddy if he wants to go that route. What ya looking for price wise? I can make one for $25/30, and shipping isn't cheap either, so tell me what you wanna do?!
Thanks,
Phil

That's awesome, I'll ask my buddy if he wants to go that route. What ya looking for price wise? I can make one for $25/30, and shipping isn't cheap either, so tell me what you wanna do?!
Thanks,
Phil

Whatever you want to do, shoot me an offer in messenger, shipping shouldn't be more than $10, it's a small item. I'll take pictures of what I have to night and send to you if you PM me with your email. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom