Fj80 3fe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there everyone!
I have just bought myself a Fj80 3fe cruiser,
Was doing a couple of google searches and stumbled across this website,
Awesome Info on here!

I am new to the cruiser scene and am after some help,
First of all I am curious of what oil I should be using and how much?

Also the previous owner has told me that it has a slight sort of miss happening when you are driving at 100kmp/h and let off the accelerator it drops its revs right down and starts to stutter but then picks back up to normal. Anybody know what could be causing this? Any help would be fantastic!
Thanks

change the oil and oil filter,air filter, new spark plugs and leads, check pcv, new vac lines (just get about 5m off fuel hose and replace 1 line at a time measure from old line and cut just be careful on lines that are attached to plastic fittings as the plastic get brittle with age) , if you have a snorkle and lpg run a balance line from converter to the dirty side off the air filter box and up the snorkle. my 3fe fj80 was running like a 25yr old 3 legged dog when i got it also on lpg, the lpg wasnt working at all a few turns off idle screws and not using woolies lpg. lpg and petrol runs as good on both fuels runs good on stockton beach, vic high country and closest local tracks monkey gum and appin, if all that fails remove the circled valves (look at desmoging)
3fe bypass.jpg

I’m using Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5w-40. At the top of the page there are a couple stickies you should check out:

3fe owners
FAQ

also floating around is a tune up guide that talks about what to check first

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom