Fj73 windshield frame replacement (Australia) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m needing to replace my windshield frame on my fj73 and weighing up either finding a second hand frame with little or no rust and going with that or just taking the fibreglass route
Would love to hear pros and cons and if anyone has prices for fibreglass replacements cheers

479D9F84-96BE-4B3F-89A0-28C68723257F.jpeg

I'm not convinced there is an original windshield frame out there with "little or no rust" :lol:

I opted for a new factory replacement and am happy.

Really hard to find one in good nick, if your on facebook your better off searching landcruiser 70 MWB owners or 70 series landcruiser owners or 75 series landcruiser owners and join their page as they have parts for sale on a daily basis in your area. Or go to local stealership for genuine.
I have heard good and bad reports on the fibreglass ones. FRP have a good range of fibreglass replacements.

I'm running an FRP branded one. I have no idea how long it's been on, but everything seems good about it. My gasket has a leak between the glass/gasket, but other than that, zero issues with FRP at the moment.

How’d you go about getting it and $$

I got mine through Dave Stedman at Japan4x4. Partsouq and Amayama both had them IIRC.
$$ was in the same ballpark as fibreglass, maybe a little bit more - it's a couple years ago now.

Just checking in, I really need to replace my frame, and windscreen, and likely some seals.
I have seen a few fiberglass units available (some with holes for snorkle, some without) and also steel units.
Im not sure, but would a fiberglass frame have any advantages over a steel one?
Would there be any reduction of impact resistance or loss of rigidity?
I think I would like fiberglass, and possibly make additional ports to assist in draining the hollow cavity.
Any suggestions or opinions welcome.....

frame01.JPG

Last edited:
Just checking in, I really need to replace my frame, and windscreen, and likely some seals.
I have seen a few fiberglass units available (some with holes for snorkle, some without) and also steel units.
Im not sure, but would a fiberglass frame have any advantages over a steel one?
Would there be any reduction of impact resistance or loss of rigidity?
I think I would like fiberglass, and possibly make additional ports to assist in draining the hollow cavity.
Any suggestions or opinions welcome.....

View attachment 3547346

My fiberglass one from FRP is still doing just fine. Really depends on if you want steel or fiberglass. Pluses/minus on both of them. You can seal a new steel one with spray from brand new and not have to worry about rust.

Pound for pound fiberglass is stronger than steel, however it really depends how m now it’s designed and made.

Here is the producer of the one I have.
FRP – Fiberglass Replacement Panels – Fiberglass Replacement Panels - https://www.frp.com.au/

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php/?id=100064269986263

They say transport department approved, but im not Australian despite faking a bad accent sometimes so I don’t know if that’s hard to get or means it’s a really quality business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom