Builds fj62 gets a lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i also have a set of these lying around so ill give them a try
image.jpg

Last edited:
Im with you... was looking at getting a set of cibies for BeBe (round eyes) and with the prices coming down on good LED conversions it is getting hard to justify that cost. My Rampage housings and 100w Hella bulbs do fine for the time being but I just wish they had better throw and brighter light. Probably end up with a set of the heated TruckLite 27275C and call it good for years to come.

Typically hood latch issues are caused by too much upward pressure on the latch. So either one or both of those bumpers need to be wound in, or the latch needs to be raised.

There is a provision in the latch mounting for a slight bit of movement. Loosen the bolts, slide it up and re-tighten.

tried adjusting it as mentioned still no joy. i can feel it release when i pull the cable but it doesn’t pop up enough to stay unkached and stays stuck. i have to bang the hood for a minute to get it to pop. then i can reach under and unlock the second latch.

i’m hoping this will be the last major accessory i’ll need for a while. i’d like to start focusing my spending on my 40!!
1BF53C34-DAC6-4DEC-96E8-398A137A206B.jpeg

0B0FA09B-76EA-4EE4-8082-EFBBC9D50A89.jpeg

i need a roof rack though. i ordered it just before jason at trail tailor said that his rack might be back on the table. oh well. i like the arb one a lot too.

i will day it’s a pain installing in a parking lot by ones self. i did have a hand lifting it up there but it doesn’t fit in the trucks and i needed to travel a province away to get home so i made it work. might have scratched up the paint on the legs a little more than i’d like to admit but it worked out. now inhave to adjust it a little lower to make it more arrow dynamic:hillbilly:

Last edited:
i was in edmonton for an oilers game anyway but it was also $800 cheaper than in sask by the time i got it from a higher volume 4x4 shop, saved some tax and saved freight charges. so it was worth it

more than i would have thought to be honest. i’ve probably done the most to mine though from the ones i’ve seen

(next to marmaduke...his owner is way deeper into his than me)

Last edited:
not as cool this year as going tree hunting in the forest but life is just getting in the way of that this year. the roof rack got to do it first duty today though.
9CBDD171-EB0A-492B-9F26-1DDCB35B1C1D.jpeg

i few little items from witsend came today. arb “soother” to keep crap out of the air connector, a pad to keep stuff from rattling in the center console, a CB radio mic holder (not installed yet) and a poster to hang in my shop!!
F3236AAE-59E2-4681-BDDD-7C4EB5D63E55.jpeg
D0FFD6F2-7526-4D09-862B-88351B531EF1.jpeg
CE3B2502-66F4-4F8B-AC76-5363D6EED5E9.jpeg

ill still put in a plug again for the axle breakdown t shirt to be made into a bbq apron!! i swear man they’ll sell!!!

Last edited:
just finished up doing my big end bearings on my 1hdt. they looked good and it all went well until i went to start it. all i heard was a sickening growl up front. then i realized i forgot my socket on the crank bolt. thankfully and luckily it was turning with the ratchet so it just made noise instead of beating stuff to crap!! removed that and everything else is running great. little piece of mind that that job is done.

not bad looking for 500 000 km
4ACC266F-D5CE-4508-981B-2E10F8BF52C5.jpeg

now it’s time for a deep cleaning

Last edited:
4 of the 6 legs on the mounting kit for my ARB rack chipped the powder coating off. they are sending me a new fit kit!! good on ARB. no hassle at all
AD68D6AA-50BD-4A02-A6CE-0AEBF7B48F8F.jpeg
FE6F42AB-0C57-4E49-AFA7-EDEEBCA4BA33.jpeg

well i’ve been quite a bit more focused on my fj40 build recently and my 62 has become just a driver. unfortunately that means i have neglected it a little and just done maintenance things. i have some oil leaks i need to chase and a bunch of stuff to fix wiring on etc etc.

my wife and i also started fostering so we have another little bum to find a seat for. i’ve always thought a third row would be good for my kids anyway. it’ll also give me some more tie down points. here’s what i have in mind.

i’ve collected some parts. now just need to get some steel to build a bracket. i’m using super track (otherwise called L track i believe)

it’s a fold and tumble seat from best top. actually pretty comfortable. i’ve ordered some seat belts from seat belt planet.
312C55B1-F545-4480-94DA-E3CBDC75F35A.jpeg
2D8F2A58-1156-4D74-9B91-4577AC8A6D4C.jpeg

Last edited:
super track is in. i started cutting steel for the seat bracket but ran out of steam. hope to finish it tomorrow night.

BB74E335-405F-4F5D-B3D5-8548511CA151.jpeg

drilling holes in the floor is not easy and i just kept hoping not to hit a cross member which i did twice. no way to get a nut on the bolt that way so i had to use a couple nut certs just to seal up the hole. i added extra bolts as i just don’t trust them to hold like a grade 8 bolt and big washer from up underneath. i then used a spray sealant paint over the bolt and nut to try to waterproof them

3D018465-07E1-4F6E-A951-2B2354F334F9.jpeg
61D5E944-D84A-4AD4-9F87-F003947EA25A.jpeg

here’s the finished third row. ill tweet things a little when i pull it out. i have to paint the frames. over all i’m happy with it. it’s solid and i can even sit in it. i’m 6’ 2” and my head doesn’t quite touch the roof. i’d need more leg room on a long journey but it’ll work well for kids for now!!

well my chevelle job is finished up for the year. now back to fixing stuff on my landcruisers. i’ve had a leaky inner seal for a couple years. it’s a mess in there. i did this job about 8 years ago. i guess more 100000km is about a fair guess as how long it lasted. i have no idea how long a knuckle rebuild should last but here i am anyway. i have a long list before the snow flies. we’ll see how much i get done!! most i can do as a driving rebuild though. i just want to get it back to driving first!!
C0E18838-980E-4904-85B1-26C36897103E.jpeg
65410068-FC87-4E3C-9B14-979CAE8D1F6A.jpeg

i got it all apart and new heavy duty inner seals from cruiser outfitters installed and new trunion races in. now i’ve lost interest in cleaning stuff for the night so i’ll pick it up again tomorrow. i’d like to get the parts all degreased and repainted before i put it back together. i also have to take my rotors to get turned. i’d like to get rid of the brake shake so this will take me a little while to put back together but hopefully it’ll go another 100k or more. new front shocks going it too while i’m in here

Last edited:
more blasting and painting. one calliper has a seized piston and three torn seals. probably just replace it next week. the other was replaced when i first bought the truck and still looks ok. that’s why i painted it. the backing plates have been blasted but are kind of rusty still so i used rust converter on them and will coat with a rubberized rock guard. i had to rivet one air scoop black on. so now we have to get a caliber and make some short hard lines and i don’t think my rebuild kit came with wheel bearings so i’ll have to get some of those too. otherwise i should get it finished up this next weekend

028B82A4-19D5-4501-97ED-18414CD849B2.jpeg

how much movement should the calliper pistons have? my “good” one will let the piston move just enough to squirt some fluid back out the brake line hole. they don’t move super freely. a couple of the ones on the “bad” calliper move a lot with one that is totally stuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom