FJ60 gets an EROD and NV4500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you are serious about spending the money, you need to drive both. Fly to someone who has each and is willing to let you take a ride. Next, see how long it takes you to get a few random parts for each by calling around locally and asking availability. I dunno, water pump, an injector, ecu, AC compressor, power steering pump? If you wouldn't plan to do the work yourself you might also ask the same of a repair shop in a random place you may someday travel to... you will then have some input based on your own driving assessment and real world serviceability, not conjecture from the internet.... and you will go with the V-8 😁
LS3 in my near future :) You started they move from R28...Jason confirmed!! Cant wait!!

So the owner of this Cruiser is not in a big hurry, which works well for us too.

Got the 60 back in the shop and are working on finishing mock up. That’s plumbing, fan shroud, intake, wiring, trans shifter and so forth.

We have changed out the Erod water pump for the vortec or truck water pump.

87FCDABA-F0FE-432C-8E76-3560035E320E.jpeg

We have also clocked the throttle body.

735C6665-1160-4AE5-B356-87AC0E2EC37D.jpeg

We are going with a mechanical fan, another reason we changed out the water pump.

78948338-3F78-4B1C-AD6D-6183A53B76C6.jpeg

The Mosley Motors supplied radiator is the goods.

D4C86833-B0CB-4377-B607-FDBF92D76AD8.jpeg

We will be building the fan shroud ourselves.

35981630-9872-47A7-B1E6-EF8FCF7A2D2D.jpeg

Cheers

After using the AA Adapter on the 4l60e, ill never buy anything from them again. NW Fab is the best option hands down and will be what i go with when i upgrade to the 6l80. It is the same length, but you get a 2.28 planetary gear reduction, plus an adapter in one.

After using the AA Adapter on the 4l60e, ill never buy anything from them again. NW Fab is the best option hands down and will be what i go with when i upgrade to the 6l80. It is the same length, but you get a 2.28 planetary gear reduction, plus an adapter in one.
Believe me man your not the only one that has had problems with AA with their s***ty fitmant.

Believe me man your not the only one that has had problems with AA with their s***ty fitmant.
s***ty fitment, HORRIBLE instructions, everything. I followed the instructions and didnt include a spacer because they said my manual trans didnt need it. 1 week later, I ordered a new T Case housing from Georg and had to completely rebuild. My entire LS Swap went with out a hiccup, the one thing with instructions burns me haha

s***ty fitment, HORRIBLE instructions, everything. I followed the instructions and didnt include a spacer because they said my manual trans didnt need it. 1 week later, I ordered a new T Case housing from Georg and had to completely rebuild. My entire LS Swap went with out a hiccup, the one thing with instructions burns me haha
I called them about the 4l80e to split case adapter when i was having issues gave them a good lashing but they didn't care i slso asked when was the adapter developed was 20 years ago told them to go back and do better r/d on their 20 year old crap they still didn't care. Luckily the swap i have coming up has nothing to do with any of thier products. I used their radiator back in the early 90s in my small block chevy swapped 93 extra cab and their s*** motor mounts couldn't keep my engine cool for s***! 4 core junk and the engine mounts they still make to this day hockey puck junk. All that said people still use them because thats whats available but more and more companies are starting to get in the game so hopefully something will change at some point.
Hey @SNLC sorry to jam your buuld thread up with this mess don't mind me just old and tired of junk I'll stop carry on once again sorry. Keep up the good work
Tommy

I called them about the 4l80e to split case adapter when i was having issues gave them a good lashing but they didn't care i slso asked when was the adapter developed was 20 years ago told them to go back and do better r/d on their 20 year old crap they still didn't care. Luckily the swap i have coming up has nothing to do with any of thier products. I used their radiator back in the early 90s in my small block chevy swapped 93 extra cab and their s*** motor mounts couldn't keep my engine cool for s***! 4 core junk and the engine mounts they still make to this day hockey puck junk. All that said people still use them because thats whats available but more and more companies are starting to get in the game so hopefully something will change at some point.
Hey @SNLC sorry to jam your buuld thread up with this mess don't mind me just old and tired of junk I'll stop carry on once again sorry. Keep up the good work
Tommy
Sounds like my experience 2 weeks ago. Called them "hey man i followed the instructions to a T and the Transfer case is making this crazy noise this is all i did and how i did it... any ideas on what it could be?"

--- Uhhh i dunno.

Ah okay thanks for the help!

Yeah they forgot about that spacer in the instructions. And supplied me with wrong size sealed bearing n the kit. But to their credit they resolved it. I wish there was another option when I did my swap

Wiring is 80-90% done in the engine bay. Got some mounting brackets to make for things like fuse/relay box still.

6631D447-FB03-4A08-A460-284EE4446DB6.jpeg

We made the mounting tabs, wiring harness clamps are OEM Toyota.

CAB49504-83E2-497D-9C0E-98CC94974409.jpeg

Pretty tidy, we are happy with how it is playing out.

F6C888D6-B57D-42BB-A3A4-B1120B59E2C5.jpeg

F098AE24-71CF-4EAB-B2C0-12305E2D0551.jpeg

483C3EE2-1D70-41A9-A547-F694991EA596.jpeg

Cheers

So glad you swapped the gauges side to side.

Thanks for the air intake elbow P/N. I may can use that.

Often things during the process in my build threads are what I call “place holders”. Slapped in, finger tight to check fitment and mock up. The final is where we take the time to make sure everything is 100%.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom