FJ60/FJ62 Heavy Duty Battery Cable Sets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pardon the dumb question, but what exactly does this upgrade do for your truck? I have a FJ62 with new toyota alternator and new sears platinum battery that does NOT like to run multiple accessories (heater, headlights, and turn signals) especially while driving in the rain. Will these cables help?
thanks,
chris

It sounds like you have some battery cable issues/possible ground cable issues. With new alternator and battery, you should have no problem with running all those accessories simultaneously without issue. What do the terminal connectors on the positive and negative look like on the stock cables? When I put mine on, I could swear my started cranked faster.

Last edited:
I think I'm late to the game here. Over the past few weeks I had remembered giving some advice and recommending all heavy grounds. I couldn't remember who I had go them from but they're working out well. I think You're the vendor.

Well, if so, I put them in not long after receiving them and they work perfect. I saw instant improvement.

Just wanted to say thanks and great product Mark G.

Mark,

Just wanted to say, Awesome cables! Got all but the last ground wire in (the odd one for the 62) but everything is cut to length, can't say enough about the quality of these cables. Thanks for a solid product.

I need to order a set of these and do up my rig as well. I've replaced a couple ground leads myself and have supplies to do my own, but this way I support a Mud vendor and have all my extra supplies as spares for other projects :D

I'm going to do up a new charging cable too. Mark, what would you think of doing up a new charging cable to augment the factory one and adding it as part of the kit? Say, a 2ga with appropriate sized fusible link?

Last edited:
Great!!! Glad it worked for you. On the FJ60, that cable mounts to one of the bolts holding the heater control valve to the fire wall and the other end attaches to the back of the head. Not 100% sure what the FJ62 looks like though. I pulled this pic up on the web and circled the ground cable in red.

fourrunner-albums-fj62-picture22156-fj62-engine-bay.jpg

Last edited:
I know you are in the process of moving, but do you have any sets for the 80?

Thanks,
Jay

Great Cables!

Mark,

Thanks again for the cables. Just got them installed and they work great!

I would recommend these cables for anyone replacing theirs on their Cruiser. They look great and are a solid upgrade...well worth it! :cheers:

Mark, looks like I am gonna "have to" get a cable set from you sooner than later. Ya know, can't starve that new DH Platinum Group 34 battery. :D

Sorry if this has been explained already but I'm a little confused by all of this. If I wanted to completely replace my battery wiring I would need to buy an OEM fusible link in addition to this kit, correct?
Thanks!

Quick question for those that installed in FJ60: Which body bolt is used for the 2 battery grounds? The stock wire used the battery tray bracket bolt. Anyone got a pic?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom