FJ60 dome light issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My fj60 front dome light came on while driving home and flickered. All my doors work well with the light. Should I simply buy new fixture or is it an electrical issue ? Where to start thank you.

A new dome light is pretty cheap. Get one while it's available. The switch contacts in the light are probably approaching FUBAR state. You can remove the light assy and try to clean the contacts with some 1000 grit emory paper.

What output shaft said... also, make sure that all four screws are securely fastened into place. They are required for proper grounding and function of the light assembly.

The switch contacts seem to go bad, I replaced both the 60 aND 62 dome lights this last year, as well as added LEDs.

I am going to have my hi fi guy fix the old ones, he wont charge me, so it's worth doing. New is $35-ish, comes with bulb and cover.

When you get the switch squared away, install this LED bulb. It's so much brighter & only uses 65mA.

DE3175 LED Bulb - 4 SMD LED Festoon - 30mm | Festoon Base LED Bulbs | LED Car Light Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs

image.jpeg

It's weird I am hearing a whistling sound too when I turn my 60 off it comes from the sound when you leave the key in but it makes a faint whistle when key turns off. I purshased a new light so I will report back once installed. I have a super led installed.

Mine wasn't failing but I recently replaced mine with an LED assembly from Odd Iron Offroad in GA. Works great. At night it makes like daylight in the cabin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom