Fj45 rear bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know if this is a original rear bumper off a 1965 fj45?
image-255556240.jpg

I would say, not stock. not even sure there was a bumper originally.

I would say, not stock. not even sure there was a bumper originally.

X2

I don't believe a bumper was ever offered anywhere. There is a version of bumperette for the long wheel base pickup but don't believe it was imported to the US for the few years Toyota imported trucks here. That bumper is a very common after market style bumper made by different companies. Confer being one of them. My 65 has one that is close to that but not quite the same.

Have the same one on my rig...but wings go all the way to the wheel wells

In NA I am pretty sure the 45 pick-ups didn't come with a bumper.

There was a thread a few weeks ago that showed a Middle East 45 with a dealer installed (I think it was dealer installed) stock bumper. A hidious looking thing.

In NA I am pretty sure the 45 pick-ups didn't come with a bumper.

There was a thread a few weeks ago that showed a Middle East 45 with a dealer installed (I think it was dealer installed) stock bumper. A hidious looking thing.

Here is a Middle Eastern 45 with the stock two bumperettes on the rear. Is this what your were thinking of? Looks pretty useless if you wanted to mount a pintle hook or trailer ball to the back crossmember.
1327953583588.jpg

hard to tell from the pic, but looks like the con-ferr bumper that was popular

I've got a good looking Bumper that I took off my '65 short bed. Not sure if it would fit a lpb though... PM me if you are interested. I can send pics, it has a hitch receiver built in, too...

Cheers!
Joel

I miss Con-Ferr, they made a lot of nice accessories for our trucks, roof racks, back seats, tool boxes, bumpers etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom