Wanted FJ45 LP (SWB) Project Rig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am curious what the current going price for an old project rig, preferably an FJ45 LP (SWB) is. It doesn't need to be running. I recently purchased one and may be looking for another. I am also in need of some older FJ45 parts, etc.

Its going to be an on going project so I am just laying some queries out for the ground work.

Likewise, does anyone have a solid FJ45 LP (SWB) frame, preferably with title if possible? I may need one if the DMV reject my current frame.

Thanks,

cost could be anywhere from $500-10,000 really depends on condition.

Hard to find a FJ45 in any shape in U.S....typically even a very rough FJ45 will fetch more than a buyer would be willing to pay for a project or parts 45.

Looks like a few years ago, it was a bit easier. I just need to find someone that is willing to let a frame go to a good home. It took me over twenty years of waiting before a family friend offered to sell me one of his priced FJ45LP project rigs. I pretty much have all the body parts and driveline, however I may not be able to use my frame due to VIN issues, so I might be in the market for a frame. I guess when you waited 20 years, whats another 5 right? I made the mistake of not buying one in 95 that I found in Wyoming. The price was right, just not the timing. When I went back in 97, I missed it by 6 months. While I like all FJ45s, I have a stronger fondness to the LP (SWB) and the LV...

I pretty much have all the body parts and driveline, however I may not be able to use my frame due to VIN issues, so I might be in the market for a frame.

What is the VIN issue with the FJ45LP?

At some point the VIN on the project rig I purchased appears to have been swapped out with the VIN from an FJ40.

At some point the VIN on the project rig I purchased appears to have been swapped out with the VIN from an FJ40.

What is the frame number stamped on the outer side of the right frame rail just behind the from bumper of your FJ45LP frame?

If your FJ45LP project frame is legit but registered incorrectly. I would make every effort to correct with Idaho DMV rather then spend the time and additional expense in obtaining a 2nd FJ45 fame. Idaho DMV Services | DMV.com

Last edited:
What is the frame number stamped on the outer side of the right frame rail just behind the from bumper of your FJ45LP frame?

If your FJ45LP project frame is legit but registered incorrectly. I would make every effort to correct with Idaho DMV rather then spend the time and additional expense in obtaining a 2nd FJ45 fame. Idaho DMV Services | DMV.com

Yes, my first choice is to try to make everything legal with the frame I have so that the money invested is not a total loss. I want to rebuilt this thing right. However option B will be to buy a different frame. I'm hoping to avoid option B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom