FJ45 Documentation. I have a green one. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.cascadecruisers.com
This is mostly a place holder at the moment as I have to compile all my photos and work in some kind of orderly fashion but I though I'd at least start the "journey" of documentation to my favorite vehicle I've ever owned (Thanks Esh!).

Here are just a couple photos to post until I get my shiznit together.

FollowingMeHome.jpeg

PickingItUpFromEsh.jpeg

BedTransport.jpeg

FrontShop45.jpeg

SandLakeHud.jpeg

More to come with actual build stuff... short story is:

1966 FJ45
Esh previously Owned (Again thank you Esh... only took 15 years of begging)
454 big block
Holley Sniper
SM465
NP205
Narrowed Rear Dana 60
Toyota Front end
Arb's front/rear
37s

Last edited:
Looks like adventures are already happening. Great to see you out with a project that can leave your shop. :p

On a side note: we picked up my wife's deceased father's jet boat over the summer. I'll have some big block questions for you soon.

Looks like adventures are already happening. Great to see you out with a project that can leave your shop. :p

On a side note: we picked up my wife's deceased father's jet boat over the summer. I'll have some big block questions for you soon.

Yes! I finally get to answer question for you! The basics are:

-If it is a flat tappet cam use a zinc additive or an oil like VR1 racing oil

-Water Temps should not exceed 210'ish as big blocks can be prone to overheating due to poor tuning and the mass of the block in general. Pulling the oil dipstick and checking it for heat decolorization is an easy "clue" to past overheating issues.

-Compression can be less then desirable depending on manufacturing year (dish pistons).

-063 and 049 are great factory iron heads (many others too) with some work and 2.25"/1.94" valves. Just some light bowl work and port matching make them capable of supporting power levels over 550hp.

-They are heavy. lol

And yes... you should definitely add a blower. :)

And yes... you should definitely add a blower. :)

Looks like I've got some work to do. I'll have to convince you to swing by sometime and see if we can get it to start. The engine might work great but all I've done is get a cover for it so I'd stop seeing the new "squirrel" in the backyard so that I'd focus on getting the house projects done instead of tinkering on it. Definitely got too many trailers in the backyard now.

Looks like I've got some work to do. I'll have to convince you to swing by sometime and see if we can get it to start. The engine might work great but all I've done is get a cover for it so I'd stop seeing the new "squirrel" in the backyard so that I'd focus on getting the house projects done instead of tinkering on it. Definitely got too many trailers in the backyard now.

you bet man... literally any excuse to drive the 45 works for me. My wife is happy now because I’m alway happy to run errands for her.

let me know a good time to run out there during the week or weekend. I’m out of work at 3pm and weekends are usually open too.

Couple more pics for fun.

First one is from "Cedar Tree" trail at Tillamook State Forest... it was my boy's first experience on the trails. Half way through the day he asked "Can we do this every Saturday Dad?" He also loves cruising around with doors off.

Anyway... just more procrastination before actually compiling everything to document what I've done so far. Lol.

TSF_With the boy.jpg

Trail Time.jpg

Doors Off with H.jpg

Bump. What's been going on with this beauty? Have you done anything inside to get yourself a little more room?

Bump. What's been going on with this beauty? Have you done anything inside to get yourself a little more room?

not too much… just kinda driving it right now. I did get some “low back” corbeau w/headrest seats for it but haven’t put them in yet. I actually have a decent excuse this time though… I tore MCL, partial LCL , lateral meniscus, cartilage, etc while doing an outdoor project a while back and finally went to doc to do something about it last week. Getting around or putting loads on my knee was extremely painful and I finally accepted that it wasn’t going to heal on its own. Good news is the recovery time after the procedure isn’t too bad so I should be able to get those seats, cage, steering column, steering wheel, etc done shortly after. Probably should address the cooling system an alternator bracket too.

Still love every inch of this 45 and any seat time I get with it.

Sounds like a heckle party is in order. Let me know when you need me to come over and help you get nothing done in your shop 👍 Still need to tow that boat over there and see if that engine even turns over.

any updates?????????
Sweet rig, I can remember Ken wheeling it at CTW, probably ‘05-‘06? Just a super clean 45 you’ve got there, well done

Sweet rig, I can remember Ken wheeling it at CTW, probably ‘05-‘06? Just a super clean 45 you’ve got there, well done
It's been a great rig... the biggest update/upgrade was the Holley Sniper fool injection. I've done a lot of "little stuff" here and there but for the most part, I'm just enjoying it. At some point I have plans to replace the existing wiring harness with a new kit and possibly build a "bed" for it ( to preserve the 45 bed). I enjoy wheeling it and don't want to destroy the stock bed in the process.

There even may be a LS/auto/d60 in the distant future but that's a whole can of worms I'm not ready for yet. For now, it works and I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom