Builds FJ45 Custom Troopy build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

From our last trip to Silverton, Colorado.

FJ45 2.jpg

I love the troopy !!
So your Wheelbase is the fj45 spect but you cut the rear portion of the frame .
But is the tub a bit longer then a fj43 or around the same ?
From pilar to Tailgate do you know the dimension ? It look perfect !! Just beteween the fj45 troopy and fj43 not too long and not too short .

I love the troopy !!
So your Wheelbase is the fj45 spect but you cut the rear portion of the frame .
But is the tub a bit longer then a fj43 or around the same ?
From pilar to Tailgate do you know the dimension ? It look perfect !! Just beteween the fj45 troopy and fj43 not too long and not too short .

thanks. That is right. The tub is longer then a 43. Because the wheelbase is the same as a FJ45 long bed pickup. The 43 has a shorter wheelbase.
I don't recall the dimensions. Would need to measure. I think we ended up cutting 18 inches off the back of a full size troopy tub.

Any chance you can show some more pics/detail of the fold down table setup on the back of the 4Plus carrier?

Just browsed your website. Great products. I have some new items to put on my wishlist!

This is the best one I could find.

Unknown-1.jpeg

Awesome!

I've looked at this thread many many times. It is the most perfect LandCruiser I have ever come across. I love it!
I take it you stuck with the stock axles? How does it ride on the freeway at speed? Feel pretty stable? How is the noise with the soft top? Do you have any pictures of the cargo space, with the stretched body? Looks like it would be close to the 18" stretch Aquala is offering.

What a magic ride that would be on a sunny day. The Australia Defence Department are currently selling their fleet of Land Rover Perenties and are replacing them with Merc G wagons. They have an Isuzu 3.9 litre diesel engine.........which must make them slightly more reliable than you average Land Rover. I'm half tempted to take some inspiration from your troops build.

images.jpeg

images-1.jpeg

I've looked at this thread many many times. It is the most perfect LandCruiser I have ever come across. I love it!
I take it you stuck with the stock axles? How does it ride on the freeway at speed? Feel pretty stable? How is the noise with the soft top? Do you have any pictures of the cargo space, with the stretched body? Looks like it would be close to the 18" stretch Aquala is offering.

Thank you. Yes, stock axles. It rides great on the freeway. 80 85 no problem. Very stable. A bit of noise, but not too bad. I'm 6'1 and can sleep in the back without a problem. Just enough room.

Been in a wonderful deep hole reading everything on the internet about this build. It’s really beautiful - thanks so much for all the detail.

I have what may be a stupid question - would you have gotten a similar result by using a troop carrier rather than a fj45 as your base?
Thanks!

Been in a wonderful deep hole reading everything on the internet about this build. It’s really beautiful - thanks so much for all the detail.

I have what may be a stupid question - would you have gotten a similar result by using a troop carrier rather than a fj45 as your base?
Thanks!

Thank you. Well the plan was to just restore it as a truck but decided later to convert it. Had already owned the truck for a few years before the rebuild.

Your build is so jaw dropping and terrific execution of your ideas. You probably have another customer for the cool products on your site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom