Builds FJ45 Custom Troopy build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Up in the San Juan Mountains.
IMG_0109.JPG

This is going to be backwards seeing that the LC is already done. I had always meant to do this earlier just could never find the time. So here it goes. Over the next few weeks I am going to try and add photos and info concerning the build. Hope you all enjoy. Cheers -Tim

Below is the finish product. Although, I guess it will never really be finished, right?
View attachment 926036 View attachment 926037
Great Fj What lift springs did you do to clear 37's also what backspacing on wheels?

Great Fj. How much spring lift to clear 37's also what backspacing on wheels?

We did custom springs from Alcan. Spring under. About 4 inch lift. I can't remember the backspacing but All-Pro Off-Road set me up with the wheels so they would know.

very nice looking rig. was something i came very close to doing with my 45 but decided not too when i realized how much i love the stance of the 45 long bed :D

please tell me you didnt lose in that show to a landrover!!

very nice looking rig. was something i came very close to doing with my 45 but decided not too when i realized how much i love the stance of the 45 long bed :D

please tell me you didnt lose in that show to a landrover!!

Thanks. They didn't give any awards to the off-road rigs. Weird. The crowd was really into sports cars. Oh well. They gave the big award to some really cool old Ferrari.

Thanks. They didn't give any awards to the off-road rigs. Weird. The crowd was really into sports cars. Oh well. They gave the big award to some really cool old Ferrari.

look, i like old ferrari's, but even a 250 california spider doesnt compare to a great 40, imo :)

quite!

Just read every post on this awesome build. The proportions, lines and custom features are executed perfectly. Everything looks like it could have come from Toyota in 2017... Fantastic build man. Simply awesome. I hope to bump into on one of our high country trails one day and check it out.

Just read every post on this awesome build. The proportions, lines and custom features are executed perfectly. Everything looks like it could have come from Toyota in 2017... Fantastic build man. Simply awesome. I hope to bump into on one of our high country trails one day and check it out.

Thanks man. I appreciate it. Hope to see you on the trails. Cheers -Tim

Tim, are those OEM mirror mounts, been looking at mine and trying to decide if I flip one of the "L" shaped mounting ears I can mount to the a pillar not the front windshield. I need to go around the snorkel too.

Tim, are those OEM mirror mounts, been looking at mine and trying to decide if I flip one of the "L" shaped mounting ears I can mount to the a pillar not the front windshield. I need to go around the snorkel too.
Yes, those are the stock mounts. We just flipped one on the ears like you are thinking. Works well around the snorkel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom