FJ40 speed sender for vdo (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.serie4.fr
hi !

is someone have an idea on how to have pulses for a vdo vision speedometer gauge from a FJ40 transfer case ?

vdo have only cable sender for GM , but not TOYOTA...:(
there is also inductive vdo sender ref 340020 or 340021...but don't know where i could put this.

thanks

hi !

is someone have an idea on how to have pulses for a vdo vision speedometer gauge from a FJ40 transfer case ?

vdo have only cable sender for GM , but not TOYOTA...:(
there is also inductive vdo sender ref 340020 or 340021...but don't know where i could put this.

thanks
Wait 8 hours and i will post some pictures and part numbers for you.:popcorn:

Here we go.

I use a VDO Adapter Kit X39.397/106/130 that will be mounted in your speedometer wire.
tachogeber-vdo.jpg

Its old school and works perfect under any given conditions.

The adapter i use seems to be off the market nowadays but there are newer ones that will do the same.

VDO X39-397-106-191
vdo_hallgeber_g.jpg

Is there a way to adjust the speedometer you use......in my case i used a VDO Mini Cockpit, this unit is adjustable.
Minicockpit.jpg

Need more input.......... :idea:

Last edited:
Stealth Conversions have VSS pulse senders to fit Toyota transfer-cases (22mm with Toyota drive tangs) in a 2 pulse DC, and a 4 pulse AC or DC. If your VDO gauge takes anything different than that (adjustable???), then you could use a signal interface from Dakota Digital to change the signal to what you need. These are all "off the shelf" items!!!

You need to contact Roger at Speedometer service company. This is who I sourced my speed sensor and cable from for my VDO vision series speedometer in July of last year. He is very helpful and the speed sensor and cable worked perfect for the VDO.
Speedometer Service of Milw providing speedometer solutions

I was going to x2 on Speedometer Service Company, but it looks like you are set. SSC rocks. Not only did they provide me with an electronic sender for my Autometer speedo, but they also made the 4-pulse VSS for my 3FE EFI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom