FJ40 Roof (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The classifieds.

You are going to have to find one used an repaint it. There was a company that was making aftermarket ones, but I cant find them anymore.

Maybe I could just repaint the one on there currently then.

Nah - no point sanding and painting something when you can throw it away and buy a new one...

The Gozzard top looks great!!!

Nah - no point sanding and painting something when you can throw it away and buy a new one...

Guess if your made of money it might make sense. Generally sanding and painting something is a lot cheaper than buyer a new part. Does the tops come with a metal drip rail and painted ready to install. Have a feeling where I'm at in AZ could have a top sanded and painted cheaper than just the shipping. Another question is there a OEM style head liner? If it doesn't I would rather paint and sand those than getting a head liner in without wrinkles. Plus I like to say I restored something rather than just bought a bunch of new parts and bolted them together. But that's were society is today. Buy new throw out old. True craftsmanship is becoming a thing of the past.

/sarcasm

I was basically making the same angry old man "society throws everything out" comment :)

I thought about a new top until I priced one. I sanded and patched the cracks with polyester fiberglass. If you redo the top use mat instead of the woven cloth. Unless you put several layers of resin on top the cloth it has a tendency to show through. I haven't done a lot of epoxy but it is a bit easier to work with but more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom