Builds Fj40 re-rebuild! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You could put an SM420 or SM465 in with some machining to your bellhousing (fact check this) and a transfercase adapter (fact check this, too, as I just looked on AA’s website and I couldn’t find the adapter). I wouldn’t recommend this over the H55F unless cost was a concern. And with prices today, you probably won’t save much.

I had this setup mated between a SBC and the stock 10 spline t-case for 20 years and it was okay but it’s as long or longer than the H55F setup (which we installed into another Cruiser), and it’s a bit clunky to drive. Old school tow truck-like.

You could put an SM420 or SM465 in with some machining to your bellhousing (fact check this) and a transfercase adapter (fact check this, too, as I just looked on AA’s website and I couldn’t find the adapter). I wouldn’t recommend this over the H55F unless cost was a concern. And with prices today, you probably won’t save much.

I had this setup mated between a SBC and the stock 10 spline t-case for 20 years and it was okay but it’s as long or longer than the H55F setup (which we installed into another Cruiser), and it’s a bit clunky to drive. Old school tow truck-like.
The h41/42/55f just shifts so much nicer lol.

Progress…

I think I’ll make some inner fender pieces too.

IMG_1803.jpeg

I’ll move it tomorrow and get some better shots. I’m dreading cutting up the aprons. A lot of cut, fit repeat. Really considering just making a filler panel….

Ignore the fluid on the ground. It’s from another car. 😅

Any suggestions on hood latches? Just move these forward?

IMG_1791.jpeg

Today was good! I’m still surprised at the 4:1. It’s never wheeled better. On the F engine my valve seals are leaking, and motor mounts are whooped. Not wanting to dump a bunch of money into an old F engine so I may try and get the 5.3 swapped this winter. We’ll see. 👍🏻

IMG_7061.jpeg

IMG_1984.jpeg

IMG_7084.jpeg

IMG_7108.jpeg

IMG_1975.jpeg

What is your overall width outside of tire to outside of tire ?

I have a 60 axle under the blue 40 But we are changing that . I need to bring that thread back to life here soon as that project is almost ready to launch :steer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom