FJ40... progress (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks... I hope you get out with us sometime so we can see your super cool trailer!

Thanks,

If the weather stays the way it it...I'd love to do a winter trip not to far away....with the wood stove in the tent it'd make it pretty easy. I'm trying to get a lead on a guy that does water treatment on our boilers here, says he has some acreage upstate and said to "go and use it"....hmmmm

:lol:

mistake!

I'm sure we'll chat...

I'm reading through the build, and it incredibly intimidating with the amount of work needed to bring the truck to it's current state...holy cow! I really like those steelies though.

FYI..if you need to do some painting I have a nice self contained HVLP Titan set up to spray....it does a pretty sweet job with just a little practice. I also use Albert Kemperle, which is a LI based auto body supply company...I get a pretty good discount if you need paint or supplies.

FYI..if you need to do some painting I have a nice self contained HVLP Titan set up to spray....it does a pretty sweet job with just a little practice. I also use Albert Kemperle, which is a LI based auto body supply company...I get a pretty good discount if you need paint or supplies.

Sweet... thanks. I may take you up on that discount one of these days....

Cleaning up the tailgate and 1/2 ambulance doors...

Sanded the tailgate with 80 grit then a little chemical gel stripper to finish them off... then prime and paint (bedliner for the inside of the tailgate since it'll see some use/abuse I imagine)

Much to my happy surprise I found the tailgate to be truely rust free... a rarity for sure.

2015-10-26 19.47.30.jpg
2015-10-27 16.23.10.jpg

Doors sanded, primed and painted. Hinges stripped and primed...

IMG_20151114_163113_518.jpg
IMG_20151114_161501_657.jpg

Hinges... one set for the hard doors and a set for my OEM FST soft doors... plus the tire carrier latch.

Thanks Rich.

AND the "new" Supra seat install is going well... I should have them both in tonight. The will get the seating position down lower so I'm no longer looking through the top 3" of the windshield AND they have nice deep side and bottom bolsters too... Pictures to follow once they are in....

Shocks and driveshafts are for sissies.

Yes, Jim... This truck is a mashup of a bunch of different parts... Hardtop and doors and half ambulance doors and windshield and hood and bib are all different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom