FJ40 Power steering (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Factory tie rods were retained, knuckles were whatever was original on a 4/80 land cruiser. The pitman arm, joint at pitman arm, and drag link were all part of the ipor kit. The factory drag link joint was reused on the passenger side.
Large pattern knuckles.

Hello all, jumping into power steering on my '80 fj40. maybe you all have solved some of the below i am working through currently.

What i have:
OEM power steering pump from mid 80's fj60 with 2f bracket/pulley.
OEM Minitruck gearbox with different input/output hole size, i think from '80
OEM NOS FJ40 Gearbox casing
Classictube cooling lines

What i am searching for, any recommendations on where to find:
  • Power steering high pressure line
  • Power steering low pressure fittings for pump side
  • (Found the gearbox side, the one i will buy from @ToyotaMatt )
  • Brackets for any lines cooling or other
  • brackets if needed on PS fluid radiator
  • Maybe brackets for power steering heat shield
  • Heat shield for power steering.
  • other items i should find?
  • recommendations on shortening steering column for safety. I have heard this is 30mm shorter.
cheers -Max

Regarding the steering column and safety. Do what you need to to make it work. Your talking about a fj40 here so safety? What's that?

Regarding the steering column and safety. Do what you need to to make it work. Your talking about a fj40 here so safety? What's that?
Ha, thanks, ya well don’t want to break a column weld mid 50mph highway ! And I realize that’s likely max speed, never had pleasure of driving one yet, Ha :)

Ha, thanks, ya well don’t want to break a column weld mid 50mph highway ! And I realize that’s likely max speed, never had pleasure of driving one yet, Ha :)
I appreciate that. I've shortened my 4runner. On the 4runner it's only cutting to shorten them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom