Wanted FJ40 Half Doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JVZii

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
On the hunt for a set of half doors for a later model fj40. Kind of looking for the later model look but I am also open to the older style doors or even a set of tube doors.

Send me pics of anything you might have that you would sell.

Here are a couple of examples from the interwebs.

image (6).jpeg

Half doors 2 (1).JPG

E5070985-EDA3-4CE3-9CA4-58B4030A9149.jpeg
MetalTech. $200 plus the ride.

Last edited:
Sorry I meant to say I,was going to pass on these.

If those will work on a 1978 FJ45 and still available I'll take them.

I do have a separate for sale thread on them. Wasn’t intending to hijack this thread. Sorry about that Van Zant.

@Alamo Tom, if you want the doors, you can PP the $$ FRIENDS AND FAMILY to my MUD username at earthlink.net and leave me a VM at the shop with your shipping info. I will get a quote on shipping Monday.

If your interested, I fabricate and repair both early and late models doors in southern Illinois on the side. I have repaired rusted out bottoms with patch panels and can do most repairs to them. I have steel bent for the tops of the half doors and metal panels to cover up the inside of the late model doors (as shown in pic). I remove the plastic interests that hold the original inner panel on and install metal sleeve inters to crew the cover panel to the door. I don't keep doors in-stock to send out but if your willing to send me doors stripped of all hardware and the window frame top cut off (helps with shipping). I can make you a set. I can also try to source a local set of doors for you and provide you a cost for that. Cost varies based on the condition of the door I have to start with. If you have some extra doors and are interested, feel free to message me and I will give you my email and phone and we can discuss options. The funny thing is that the mustered and white doors you have pictures of, were taken in my buddies shop just down the road. I did not build those, but I build mine similar to the mustard set. I have attached some pictures of the work I Have done. The yellow patch on the green door (attached) is from tree damage that I had to repair before building the half doors.

Screenshot_20180823-192032.png

78 half door back.jpg

78 half door, tree damage front.jpg

78 tree damage.jpg

78 half door back with aluminum.jpg

If your interested, I fabricate and repair both early and late models doors in southern Illinois on the side. I have repaired rusted out bottoms with patch panels and can do most repairs to them. I have steel bent for the tops of the half doors and metal panels to cover up the inside of the late model doors (as shown in pic). I remove the plastic interests that hold the original inner panel on and install metal sleeve inters to crew the cover panel to the door. I don't keep doors in-stock to send out but if your willing to send me doors stripped of all hardware and the window frame top cut off (helps with shipping). I can make you a set. I can also try to source a local set of doors for you and provide you a cost for that. Cost varies based on the condition of the door I have to start with. If you have some extra doors and are interested, feel free to message me and I will give you my email and phone and we can discuss options. The funny thing is that the mustered and white doors you have pictures of, were taken in my buddies shop just down the road. I did not build those, but I build mine similar to the mustard set. I have attached some pictures of the work I Have done. The yellow patch on the green door (attached) is from tree damage that I had to repair before building the half doors.

View attachment 1773806

View attachment 1773810

View attachment 1773811

View attachment 1773812

View attachment 1773813

i for one think you should start a separate thread in the tech section on this. It is a resource that should be brought out in its own right

Thanks guys! I might just do that 65swb45. Not sure how much I want to get into this because Voodoo projects keep me busy enough, but now I have the process down and set up for it.

the mustard doors were actually taken in my shop and made by eshan. sold them way too cheap!!
Jack, have you found some doors yet?
Those were done really nice. They definitely not easy to build. Hope you did not sell them for too cheap. The late model doors take a little longer to do.

I'm also interested in a set of half doors for a 74'. Anyone have any they want to sell already fabricated or a set that can be crafted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom