FJ40 Cup holders - for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

corleykj

Jack of some, definately master of none.
Threads
Feel free to check out the classifieds as I am selling them as individual cup holders, and a group by is not necessary anymore.

Below information may be out dated. Here is a cup holder I made for myself and a good friend, which fits late 1972 to late 1978 models with bucket seats (and the factory seat brackets). I thought it was worth offering on to the MUD community to see if anyone is interested. Made in the USA and only available to members in the United States (LOWER 48) for the price.

Model 1: drink holder for 2 - MORE PICS COMING THIS WEEKEND!
Option: Add a 12 volt marine grade cigarette outlet to charge your phone.
Option: Add a Bose color speaker cut out.

Please respond to me in a private message committing to Model 1, which is a drink holder for 2 drinks. For the first 10 who commit to purchasing model 1, the shipping to the lower 48 will be included. Please PM me.

This particular cup holder should fit model years starting late 72- to late 78, that still have the original seat bracket.

Model 2: Single drink holder and Bose speaker slot. This does not come with an insert, but the drink rests on the transmission tunnel.

Model 3: 80-83 with the plastic center console. First one almost ready. I am waiting on feedback before accepting orders and posting pictures. Installation may require drilling holes.
Add a 12 volt cigarette outlet for $10 more.

Model 4:
-This attaches to the roll bar bolts of my 78 FJ40, and will hold one drink.

IF PRICING AND AVAILABILITY CHANGE I WILL DO MY BEST TO ADJUST THIS THREAD AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THANKS MUD!

MORE PICS COMING SOON!

cup holder 1 2.png

cup holder 1 3.png

cup holder 1 4.png

cup holder 1 5.png

holder 2 1.png

Last edited:
NO MORE WAITING ON A GROUP BUY:) I am making and shipping them as we speak. I will try and organize purchase information and production times (if anybody wants any of these) in this post. Thanks.

Cup holder model 1 commitments
1) x463
2) ntsaint
3) tennessee80
4) 76 PTO
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Last edited:
I'll take #1. Primed or bare metal would be my preference. I'll probably mod it a tad and shoot it in the same color as the center console.

How about one for an 82 FJ40 with stock console?...the connecting piece would have to be on the floor going back under the heater. If it would be possible to put one more turn in your existing model so that it turns down and then back it would work. Basically it needs to bolt to the floor under the heater using existing heater connection.

@yesmar If you gave me the exact dimension I will draw it up and try making one. I just don't have access to that year of FJ40.

I am also going to post some more pictures with the cup holder fastened to a factory console soon. My fj40 interior is removed, so I am relying on friends for this part.

I'd be interested in model 1 for an '82 also...

@ntsaint I have you down for model 1.

If the model 1 doesn't make 10 I will still want a model 2, but would really like a plastic insert for the cup holder side if poss?

@Tennessee80 i have you down for 1.
7 model 1's left at this price.

How about one for an 82 FJ40 with stock console?...the connecting piece would have to be on the floor going back under the heater. If it would be possible to put one more turn in your existing model so that it turns down and then back it would work. Basically it needs to bolt to the floor under the heater using existing heater connection.

I'd be interested in model 1 for an '82 also...

The 81+ had two different consoles. The rear heater was a option and those that didn't have the rear heater had the same console as the 79/80 FJ40s with bucket seats. The mounting holes in the tub floor is different between the two. Then the hand brake handle is just in front the console. In a emergency you don't want your path the the handle blocked.

I'll keep a eye on this thread, I installed 74 buckets including all brackets and console in more 68 more then thirty years ago. Serious thinking about one of these for it. My daughter in her effort to move me into the twenty first century bought me one of those bluetooth Bose speakers. That would be a option too except would want the speaker hole and cup holder flipped so not moving the drink over the speaker every time I grab it.

Last edited:
@Living in the Past I will work on a design for the bose speaker hole and one large cup holder. Or if you want two large cup holders and a bose speaker I can work on a design. I didn't put an insert in my cup holder with the bose, as to not impede the sound. It sounds great down there actually. I will draw something up and see what you think.

I think i would actually prefer the one with the bose cutout myself, but i have to have the insert(s) for the cup cutouts...

Just got my #1. Very well built and thick metal - no skimping on material for sure! Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom