FJ25 Spring Pins (Leaf Spring Fixed End) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiseroutfitters.com
Anyone have the OE part number for these?

Were they used on all FJ25's front and rear?

I've found some conflicting info for example FJ Company's 1960 used standard (FJ40 style) pins on the front but the different pins on the rear (which resembled FJ45 rear pins albeit different pin OD):

fjco_fj25.GIF

But most I've seen have the same pin Front and Rear:

FJ25.GIF

Those FJCo perches have either been replaced or modified to take the FJ40 pin assembly. All FJ25's used the 45 style round flange with the flat to index, no longer available.

You can directly replace the pin with a stock FJ40 pin pressed into the old flange, all that would need to be modified is to open up the bolt hole diameter in the opposite side of the perch.
pin.jpg

Anyone have the OE part number for these?

Were they used on all FJ25's front and rear?

I've found some conflicting info for example FJ Company's 1960 used standard (FJ40 style) pins on the front but the different pins on the rear (which resembled FJ45 rear pins albeit different pin OD):

View attachment 1387743

But most I've seen have the same pin Front and Rear:

View attachment 1387746
Mine are just like cruiser nerd.

Those FJCo perches have either been replaced or modified to take the FJ40 pin assembly. All FJ25's used the 45 style round flange with the flat to index, no longer available.

You can directly replace the pin with a stock FJ40 pin pressed into the old flange, all that would need to be modified is to open up the bolt hole diameter in the opposite side of the perch.
View attachment 1387773

Copy, that confirms it. So they use a 15mm OD pin correct. You reuse the flange (just as one does with FJ45's too) but the thread on the other side is 14mm vs 12mm, sound right?

Copy, that confirms it. So they use a 15mm OD pin correct. You reuse the flange (just as one does with FJ45's too) but the thread on the other side is 14mm vs 12mm, sound right?
Yes, looks like ill need to drill out the nut side. i put the word out also, before i got online. haha.

Yes, didn't remember the sizes so didn't quote them. Same goes for the shackles. I may have a few of the 25 round thingies if needed.

The 40 style only requires removing the index tab from the perch and drilling and tapping the two holes if you want to go that route. Usually find them just hammered in place with no bolts.....:hillbilly:

...I may have a few of the 25 round thingies if needed...

@mmcinnis, there might be an option for you!

While I have some pro's working on this. Michael is looking for u-bolts and spring bushings too. I'm assuming spring bushings are the same as the early 40 stuff 15mmID/25mmOD and the u-bolts would be the same as an early 40 too? I may have to sneak down to the museum this week to look over some 25's for our website applications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom