FJ25 Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1972 Levi's Edition AMC Gremlin
18axgkil9qrz1jpg.jpg

VW beetle
kitjeansCoccinelle.jpg

kitjeanspubconcessionnaire.jpg

In September 1973, The special edition Jeans (S761 edition) has had a big commercial success everywhere in Europe. Jeans beetles were popular cars, and Volkswagen proposed in middle of year 74, a kit that allowed all owners of beetle, to make a Jeans look their autos. This package, sold in the concessions, was called "Jeans Kit".

kitjeansenglish

Last edited:
1949 volkswagen documentary
This 55 minute 'infomercial' was shot in Germany in 1949. Even for the standards of those days the qalitiy of photographic is poor. The storyline is very thin and a bit staged. But realize that this movie was made only 4 years after the traumatic war.. In the ruins of Germany

Wow, that is a wonderful example. The price of 70,000 puts it probably the most expensive one. I know the VW 23 window busses are over 100,000 .
Do you know how the nickname of the VW split window beetle in Germany is ?
We call them Brezelkäfer ....:)

ein-neues-bretzel-40261147.jpg

Brezel=pretzel
Käfer = beetle

Cheers Peter

30 years Techno-Classica
The Techno-Classica Essen began 30 years ago and is meanwhile the world's number one among classic vehicle fairs. Every year, around 200,000 vintage car enthusiasts stream to the show, held in the Rhine-Ruhr area in Germany

nothing pimped :)

Goliath F 400
In the 1920s, German automotive legend Carl Borgward neatly filled a niche in the market with his three-wheel Goliath F 400 mini van. Its two-stroke two-cylinder engine was strong enough to put Germany's small tradesmen on wheels.

Erdmann & Rossi Bentley 4 1/4 Ltr. Sedanca Coupe

The coachbuilding company 'Karosserie Erdmann & Rossi' dates back from 1906, when Eduard Rossi joined Willy Erdmann's company, which he'd found in 1898. Willy Erdmann had been building horse drawn carriages since 1898, but when car-salesman Eduard Rossi joined the company in 1906, they started to offer coachworks for cars as well.
After WW1 Erdmann & Rossi specialized in designing and building bodies for luxury German and foreign automobiles, like Mercedes, Horch, Bentley and Rolls-Royce. The company also became the exclusive distributor of Rolls-Royce and Bentley motorcars in Germany.
During the 1920s and 1930s, many famous one-off designs were delivered to several Royal Household members, like for instance Prince Bernhard of The Netherlands and King Ghazi of Iraq. About 200 craftsmen manufactured 2 to 3 bodies in one week.
In 1933 the company took over the coachbuilding company Jos. Neuss in Berlin-Halensee. Friedrich Peters died in 1937 and his brother Richard Peters took over. The very last Erdmann & Rossi body was built in 1949 on the chassis of a Maybach SW 42. Since then the company only focusses on body repair.
Erdmann & Rossi - Erdmann & Rossi

Erdmann_Rossi_Bentley_4_1-4Ltr_Sedanca_Coupe_1938_05.jpg

Erdmann_Rossi_Bentley_4_1-4Ltr_Sedanca_Coupe_1938_01.jpg

Erdmann & Rossi – BMW 319/1 streamline coupe (1936)

images

Erdmann & Rossi BMW 319/1 - Erdmann & Rossi

Last edited:
Bernd Rosemeyer in front of his Erdmann & Rossi Horch 853 coupé, 1937
Bernd Rosemeyer - Wikipedia

bernd_rosemeyer_horch.jpg

In our neighbourship a Gentleman * have had two cars in a double garage (late 90`s ) build by Erdmann & Rossi
and a Erdmann & Rossi plate above the garage doors.... great cars :)
* his wife drove a vintage patinated VW Beetle.

Last edited:
Bohman & Schwartz was a coach building business in Pasadena, California. It was established after the collapse of the Walter M Murphy Company by some of Murphy's former employees.
Born in 1892, Christian (Chris) Bohman had been apprenticed as a coachbuilder in his hometown of Stockholm, Sweden. He immigrated to New York City in 1910 and quickly found work fitting interior woodwork and hardware to completed coach bodies at three of Manhattans most famous firms; Holbrook, Brewster and finally Healey & Company. Following the purchase of Healey & Company (his current employer) in 1921 by the Walter M. Murphy Co., Bohman moved to Pasadena and became chief body assembler for the new firm.
Maurice Schwartz (1884-1961) was born in Austria in 1884 and learned the art of body building at the Armbruster Kaiser Koneg Hofwagen Fabrick, the Vienna firm that built carriages for the Kaiser. In 1904 Armbruster added automobile bodies to their product catalog and Schwartz had six years experience in building them when he was recruited by the Springfield Metal body company in 1910

maurice-schwartz-opt.jpg

Bohman_Schwartz_Duesenberg_SJ_Airflow_Mudd_Coupe_J212-2234_1932_09.jpg

1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Town Car by Bohman & Schwartz

1935-Duesenberg-Model-SJ-553-Town-Car-by-Bohman-Schwartz.jpg

1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Town Car by Bohman & Schwartz | ClassicCarWeekly.net

Last edited:
Henri Chapron was a prominent French automobile coachbuilder. His atelier, created in 1919, was located in the Paris suburb of Levallois-Perret.
Chapron began his career developing custom body designs for French luxury vehicles, like Talbot, Delage and Delahaye, in the 1940s. As France ceased building luxury vehicles of this type in the 1950s, Chapron switched his attention to the then recently launched Citroën DS with its revolutionary aerodynamic design and radical hydraulic suspension.
At first Chapron purchased these vehicles and customised them as one-off conversions. Many of these became unique convertible variants of the DS known as the "Decapotable". All told, Chapron created 389 hand-built DS convertibles. In 1961, the Citroën dealership network began distributing a standard 'usine' (factory) two door convertible. In the years 1961 to 1971, 1,365 of these vehicles were made - they are highly collectible today.

A TRIBUTE TO Henri Chapron - carrossier - 1886 - 1978
http://pebblebeachconcours.net/assets/images/Chapron Newsletter.pdf

137_001-2-1.jpg

HENRI CHAPRON, THE VANGUARD AMONG THE GREAT FRENCH COACHBUILDERS!

Citroen%20DS19%20Decapotable%201962%20front.jpg

Citroën DS - Chapron cars

2337203_orig.jpg

4336052_orig.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Johnny, Happy Easter, good to be reminded of the true meaning in these times.

I've tried my best to reduce both the quantity and quality of my hoard. ;)

Happy Easter everyone even if I'm late for a large part of the world.

I decided I have a problem and need help. Think my wife will solve the problem by calling a locate metal recyclier and see if they make house calls. If I was in the North East could leave them outside and a few years later problem solved. My travels yesterday took me past two rust free beige 78 FJ40s been keeping my eye on for years. Did I mention I have a problem.:bang:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom