FJ25 Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, no rust in the northeast means you can't fit your hand through the rust holes.

cruzer said:
um yeah if you guys could just raise demand you would be all set...i know start putting them on ebay for 50K and saying how much rarer they are than 40s and how nobody has em and how cool you would be if you did have one...hell the rate i am going i am going to have to buy one just so i can fit in here in CT with the other cruisr guys...oldest thing i have is 72...maybe i just put a t-bird emblem on their and call it a 25:flipoff2: :grinpimp:

Stew

You are right stew,

There is no comparision between rareity and performance. :)

I have one WWII Ford GPW back home and with its original motor it would not even cross 35 MPH and performance wise even an early wrangler in its worst condition can super shadow it. but that thing still holds great value in its original condition. and I would consider "FJ25" is much more rare and difficult to restore against "MB OR GPW". There is nothing which is not available original or reproduction for those Jeeps, freekin thousands of supplier are out there with ready stock and competitive prices.

And also notice the total production of MB & GPW and look at the number of examples are still in existance world wide. I dont think even total of FJ25's & FJ40's put together in existance can match that.

Last edited:
Fortunately (or unfortuntely, depending on which side of the checkbook you're on), it's perceived value that will always drive the market. Create a demand and/or an interest based on possible extinction, and you've created value.

Just like the newfound interest and cult following that suddenly emerged about 15 years ago with the FJ40s (especially as their scarcity became more apparent), any surviving FJ25s will eventually follow suit.

Add to that, the trend that's likely to be set with the FJ Cruiser, and you've got yourself a whole new generation being seduced into the latest "Cruiser Craze." And, that's going to be a generation of young professionals and techies with disposable-income to feed their must-have habits . . . . especially the rarebird collectibles.

$50k someday for a nice FJ25??
Who knows . . . . . stranger things have happened.

In any case, good things come to those who wait.

(However John P. the 1st, at your age, you may want to cash out while you still can. :D :D )

I know there have GOT to be people out ther that will pay 50K for a restored FJ25 :)

BTW, I am getting a new bed and wheel wells from Lomasus in Panama. $400 plus shipping, which isnt bad at all I think. Shipping will be $$$ tho. I will be sending him dimensions this weekend. The only real difference I can see from an early 40 is the lack of the U shape in the ribs on the bed floor.

DSC00024_sm.JPG

I was going to have him do some high tool box covers too, but since theres no demand, I am holding off unless he can find a cheaper way to ship stuff back to me or 5 of you step up and want them. Its only $36 to send one cover to him, but he said it'd be like $250 to get mine plus 5 back just for shipping. DOH! And he can't do the clips...

Quote: Landcruiserateve (However John P. the 1st, at your age, you may want to cash out while you still can. )

OK Steve (the one and only) I'll make you a deal $45K and I'll sell you one.

Mike how much of the floor are you getting for $400? I know the back changed a little over the years in length and not sure about the opening for the gas tank. The early 40s and the 25s the gas tank was smaller Plus the front floor was flat on the 40s the passenger's side has a hump for the transfer case.

John

Last edited:
Living in the Past said:
OK Steve (the one and only) I'll make you a deal $45K and I'll sell you one.
Sorry, John. If we're going to pump up the values on these beasts, I refuse to pay a dollar less than $50k.

Nobody here that's not in the other thread. :D

I try to take care of FJ25 owners, so if you have one, PM me........

If it's not for a 25.........maybe start mentioning how much you'd like to spend.......... :flipoff2:

mike,

yeah saw that thread of repo steel parts...pretty neat but shipping is a bitch for that stuff....what about just having him Fedex the covers back to you? they are small and not super heavy??? We fedex stuff over night from china to the US...just cost $$$$

Stew

So the Cruiser Chick is more than a little upset, been waiting for years for me to build her a cruiser, seems all I do is take junk apart and decorate with it...she wants one NOW! An LX 450 might restore harmony, however.

Hmmmm

My wife won't let me decorate with it. She doesn't want to see them. Part of the reason for the camo tarps. I thought instead of a elk head mounted on the cabin wall I mount the front end of a 40. I won't even tell you what she said to that. If I got my wife a 40 it was be in the auto trader the same day. We bought a new 4Runner last year after rolling the truck. Then I bought another truck used. Because the truck doesn't have traction control and VSV she won't ride in it up north in the winter. Now we need a larger SUV and since the 4Runner was bought new last year we would take a big hit on it I probably going to sell the truck and replace it with a larger Toyota SUV (for some reason we won't buy anything that isn't a Toyota product). So if I can't find a 2000 or newer Land cruiser or LX470 that we can afford I'll be driving a Sequoia.

John

Ok Phil that will be enough of that. No more snow pictures. I saw your post on the FJ55 doors for sale now this. I haven't been able to spend any time at the cabin in weeks beside the fact that there is no snow. So please don't rub it in. I do like the deer in the picture I got mule deer around the cabin but none that will come in that close. What are you feeding them?

John

FJnotCJ said:
An LX 450 might restore harmony, however.

Hmmmm

Hmmmmm, buying mine an 80 is what dragged me back into this addiction.......I was perfectly happy with other junk until then.

Yep, and now there's a perfectly good bezel in the trash on yer avitar, Jim. For shame, trashing a perfectly good Cruiser part like that...

Nick

FJnotCJ Sez: "This is why I can't get anything done...."

More proof that you can take the Californian out of California, but you can't take the California out of the Californian...

Landcruisersteve said:
Hey, I love the new avatar, Jim! That says it all!!! :D :D

I'd be more than happy to take out your trash Jim... esp if it's from the 62.. :crybaby:

:D nice avitar though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom