FJ ROCKS ARIZONA (FJ Cruiser Team Run) Saturday, June 10th (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We're meeting in Mayer because we're starting from the west side of the trail. We'll take the Goodwin Road from Mayer to the Senator Hyw, turn south towards CK, then head east on FS 89, and end up at Cleator late in the afternoon.

ATTILLA said:
...Many people over there are upset with the trail change and are leery of damage on new vehicles etc., me included..Attilla

We'll get you thru clean as a whistle. If you're capable of doing the LP/CK run without the bypasses, you'll do fine on the DeSoto trail.

crawler#976 said:
We'll get you thru clean as a whistle. If you're capable of doing the LP/CK run without the bypasses, you'll do fine on the DeSoto trail.

Thanks Crawler#976, I need no damage as I also use this vehicle for sales (Sales manager), I have customers in my vehicle a couple of days a week and although I enjoy the pinstripe and dents here and there look, It's not a good image for a company....
I got a Revtek lift and some Nitto 285's, should have rock rails on next week.... That's about all I can do to prepare I guess..

I took the FJ on the hills at the South end of Higley Rd yesterday, I think it to be as capable as my locked up Wrangler. The hills are decent and a fair test, no tire slippage, rear locker and A-Trac work great! I've seen jeeps and chevys not make a couple of those hills, the FJ didn't seem to notice that it was on a steep hill with ruts (small), so I'm a little more confident going into this trip.....

I'm looking forward to it!!!

ATTILLA:D

Last edited:
crawler#976 said:
We're meeting in Mayer because we're starting from the west side of the trail. .

i will admit i am a little nervous and excited about the tippy spot going from the west. only because it pitches the driver side and downhill. its always been a little more nervracking going down than up for me.

We can avoid the tippy spot completely by going over the DeSoto Mine. I'm not fond of off camber stuff due to the excessive body roll I've got with a full exo and soft suspension...

Count me as a very good maybe.

that'll be cool with me (and all i'm sure). i like that spot going up cause its just such an uneasy feeling that its good for you, but going down its just unnerving. i saw a towtruck (converted fullsize chevy) that tried going in to rescue some S-10, he slid off the tippy spot and abandonded it to get help. we stumbled on it the day after and it was really odd to see, it would sway a little bit when the wind blew, he must've needed new underoos when that happened.

I'm still in for this one.

Call me likely to be there. We are moving from Mesa to Prescott Valley June 3 and if we can get organized by the weekend we will attend. The north house is already furnished, settled and lived in so chances are good for the weekend. We need to unload and get rid of the rent-a-box and then return to the --itty city to sign papers. then we are free!
Anyone in the Prescott area wanting to get together for some fun, PM.

John, this open to other than Toyotas right? I'm trying to talk 2 of my buddies into going, the boys from Calypso Auto. Jim has a bada$$ Cherokee(whats left of the Cherokee) fully caged, Ford 9 inch F&R, spooled rear, ARB front, rolling on 38's. He's the guy who helped me do my front bumper. Doug has a trimmed up K-5, fully locked, caged and on 37's I believe. He is still trying to finish it up right now. Both are maybe's, I'm trying to talk them into it. I think Doug is in if he finishes his rig. Jim and I went up over Chiva yesterday, nice trail, then a little swimming at the pools. Saw an FJ down below at the falls but never ran into him to chat.

RHINO said:
naw alvin your buddies will be bored on this run.

I told em they might get a crack at breakin the FJ ;p

...there is an optional obstical I've never tried that would lend itself to 38's or larger tires. :D

John Im going to try and get to this but its going to be tight. I am still up in washington and have a final on the 8th in the morning. I will try and get out of here on the 8th and get back to prescott on the 9th. hopefully the girl friend and i can make this run as ive been trying to get to it for some time now.

mike

crawler i wonder if its the same one i lifted a tire a few feet off the ground on?? cant wait to see.

If you're coming in from the west, the trail enters the creek and then bypass's a section of the creek over a ledge road (well past the gate). Below the ledge road is one hell of an obstical - I've looked at it several times - it's harder than anything I've done at the Hammer's (Claw Hammer and Outer Limits) or on the "normal" trails at Table Mesa. It's probably more difficult than the second waterfall on Annihilator. Big tires and tube buggy stuff...

so did we ever come to a conclusion about how diffacult this trail will be? seems some are saying its not hard then others are saying body damage? im running an lx450 with 2.5 of lift, no lockers,no sliders, and 33s and i asking for body damage?

mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom