FJ Cruiser Replacement......... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looks like toyota will introduce a possible FJ Cruiser replacement April 12th.

Anybody heard this?

Here ya go.
FJ-40 Cruiser

I wish :)

9afa1d4a20135f923ebca0ae48e38a9c

ce24c7717353cd8e7afe72e81c8e690f

2cf53bc21ed7129d7c268ab7984e0ba6

Stay tuned for next month after you read this.
Toyota FT-4X Concept Could Be An FJ Cruiser Replacement

@Corey, seeing a 40 with IFS makes my eye switch :)

W.R.T the concept I think it's going to be a Range Rover Evoque type vehicle.
Yep, but same drivetrain as FJC with rear locker, and the Atrac up front.
Plus the 4.0 V6 :)

There are several discussions in main CHAT thread here: FT-4X Concept
I suspect it will be a small 4WD to compete with the Jeep Renegade, no doubt IFS, but maybe IRS too. I just don't see Toyota trying to compete directly with the Wrangler/Rubicon platform.

Would be nice.
I was at the dealer looking at new RAV4s for my wife. I never realized how much people are paying for new what I used to consider "average priced" vehicles. A Tacoma with the nice trd package was 50k as was the 4Runner.

Would be nice to see a true small pick up like the taco and other trucks used to be. I doubt they would do anything that would risk the success the current tacomas are bringing them

That's awesome, though the tires are too big and the wheels are atrocious.

Not that Toyota would ever make it happen, but I would think that the retro body style on a newer chassis and drive train would pretty much ruin the market for old 40's. I wouldn't think many people would prefer the old gas guzzling carbed engine over the 4.0

That ft-x4 is no FJ Cruiser replacement. It's just sad excuse for a Toyota right alongside the fiat Cherokee

/// it's going to be a Range Rover Evoque type vehicle.///
A Toyota version would be reliable, unlike the Evoque. Sorry Victoria Beckham but Land Rover do not make reliable vehicles even though the Hollywood crowd love 'em. Wifey looked at them last year before getting a Porsche Macan for the same price. Who would pay 70k for a 4 cylinder Evoque?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom