FJ Cruiser Rear Lower Link install w/pics (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I hear my truck's personality marks were courtesy of the driveway... now I'm understanding that "driveway" is a loose term.

'Personality marks'. That's a good one. 'Adds Character' is what I try to tell Jeri.
Carnage good (It's not breakage, it's an upgrade opportunity). Senseless and useless damage bad. My policy is 'whatever it takes' to get from A to B but avoid machismo damage as much as possible. Try out obstacles that will test the abilities of my ride and increase my know-how but don't bang my head against the wall trying to do things fit only for trailer queen purpose built hybrids.
IF it hadn't rained so hard just then or IF I had my TRAC I wouldn't have hesitated. As it was it was more winching than riding, even for them.
Mike did get a chance to try out some new synthetic line he found for $0.94/ft. Worked well. Good find.
b

I hear my truck's personality marks were courtesy of the driveway... now I'm understanding that "driveway" is a loose term.

LOL, that was the scene of the crime. Some winching was necessary that day too.

After that I realized that one of the steepest parts was ALSO a tad skinnier than the width of the 100's stance, so I parked it and rode along with Capt. Jim for the crop circle adventure session. :grinpimp:

Last edited:
are those links the same as the 80's links?

I am seriously considering welding a "v" shaped angle iron onto my arms as extra support. There is a guy on the 80 board that did that. jfz80 has already bowed one of his lower links.

If you can't find them for your 80 there's a guy here that will make you some using your ends w/johnny joints and solid alumium rod which he feels works better than the DOM tubing we got. YMMV but he swears by it, says he's never had a failure.
Run ya about two large.
b

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom