Builds Fj Buggy: V8,Rear steer,Toy axles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

King pins and wheel bearings

I am not exactly sure what you are asking.. but i have run the original bearings since the build up and I jump the rig often... I think it comes down to light weight and the stock steering arm geomotry...

pics of original rear steer buggy..

Here are some pics of the for mentioned buggy... some more on the site...

IMAG0017.JPG

IMAG0021.JPG

IMAG0019.JPG
IMAG0017.JPG
IMAG0021.JPG
IMAG0019.JPG

I am not exactly sure what you are asking.. but i have run the original bearings since the build up and I jump the rig often... I think it comes down to light weight and the stock steering arm geomotry...

to me king ping bearings are the bearing on top and botton of the knuckle .. but seems that they are holding fine your buggy.

I watched your buggy do the hill climb at the Uwharie 4x4 fest.

Did good seeing as most did not even finish.

nice job.
Just for future builds.....a spherical bearing or a rod end's axial load is rated about 30~35 percent of it's radial load. In other words your upper link, which carries the side loads, should have the bearings
positioned parallel with the ground rather than perpendicular or upright for the best strength.
A vertical position works well and will probably not fail except in a hard roll or other situations where a severe side load is applied.
Not trying to be an ass , just relaying a tip to all of us who strive to make everything a little bit stouter

loads

i apprieciate what you are saying, but i believe that with a double triangulated 4 link the loads are actually well within axial tolerance. the triangulation allows the load to be more inline with the links on side hills were as a non triangulated four link with panhard has the ability to have way more axial load.. I do appreciate hearing from others on their thoughts on builds, it helps everyone produce a better product... thanks for the comments... pj

Wanna sell it or build another.? I really like that style, nice job.

Damn strait, Im with Topage and Pees, that thing is howt....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom