Wanted FJ/BJ/HJ45/47 LHD Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 45 Series
Mileage
Color
Tan
As the title says, looking for a LHD Troopy, gas or diesel. PFA $30k

58C2DEA2-30BA-49DA-BA62-D90858AAE7CE.jpeg

8BF02C6B-DD6B-4A90-AB5B-69B56B552E32.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t know if you looked here or not (?):

And this one:

DB1D7EE6-AD2D-41F4-92C4-33D380731FC3.png

Last edited:
I don’t know if you looked here or not (?):

And this one:

View attachment 3247371
Good looking out, looking only for a LHD though. That green is a nice color though.

No affiliation.
This truck was both illegal to import, and imported with incomplete paperwork that wasn't actually filled out. That's a lot of red flags for me, and far more risk then I would ever take for a grey market vehicle.

This truck was both illegal to import, and imported with incomplete paperwork that wasn't actually filled out. That's a lot of red flags for me, and far more risk then I would ever take for a grey market vehicle.
Is this due to the FZ swap? Seems like some possible sketchiness on this one. Shame on the outside it looks like nice rig!

Is this due to the FZ swap? Seems like some possible sketchiness on this one. Shame on the outside it looks like nice rig!
Yep! The 1FZ is not a US spec, or compliant motor, so it couldn't legally be swapped into that rig. Then on top of that the DOT & EPA forms aren't actually complete. The actual exemption codes were never filled in at all, so they basically just didn't declare anything. It would seem that the CBP officials in Florida give the rest of the CBP port teams a bad name, as that was super sloppy. And it is important to know that just because it got through & got it's docs stamped, doesn't mean that it can't be revoked. Granted, the risks of them acting are small, but any buyer should at least know the risks & be prepared to lose their entire investment if things ever went south. Small risk, but big penalty, so to speak.

And it is funny. IF you posted that on the auction right now, to protect potential buyers, invariably someone will claim you are just trying to screw the seller/auction by nitpicking late in the game.

No I get it, we have original BJ45 and although I’d probably never pursue a South American rig the risks are too great. Hell it’s hard enough these days to sell an older rig and deal with title as the last two 55s were a pain and all they had was extra letter in Vin.

Based on the state to state variables with inspection things could get very messy where ever this thing lands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom