FJ-80 Steering Knuckle Rebuild on DVD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there any difference on this that say a fj62 front axle rebuild? I know they are similar.

89s rule said:
Is there any difference on this that say a fj62 front axle rebuild? I know they are similar.

The 80 has a grease cap and drive plate/flange at the outermost position whereas the 60 has a locking hub mechanism. Once that is removed, you will expose the 54mm nuts that hold the hub in place and everything else is the same. You also will not have an ABS sensor to deal with.

Jim,

Interested in the dvd, and maybe the wrecked 97. We met a while back in southlake when you had "the pumpkin" fj40, and a white lifted and charged 80.
em me at dtpeople@sbcglobal.net.

Dan

Still Available?

Still available? PM Sent.

Judging by the way you did the Aux Fuel Tank setup, I would believe that this video would be worth the money.

Judging by the way you did the Aux Fuel Tank setup, I would believe that this video would be worth the money.

The video was not planned or scripted. I decided to shoot it just as we were about to start the work. It helps people see what's inside, and there are a few pointers on how to remove bearings and races and how to setup the preload. We didn't break the birf apart, it wasn't needed. But all in all, I think its very helpfully for a novice wanting to tackle the job.

Thanks for the compliment.

It's DEFINITELY worth it :)

I've watched it about 5 times to prepare for the dreaded day and I feel confident that it will only take a few hours in my shop :cool:

I would've liked to see a complete layout of tools and parts needed beforehand, but for sumthin that wasn't planned, it's a great guide :cool:

Still available. PM sent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom