Builds FJ 45 Extended Cab Custom Vehicle Build Finally Begins (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

whicher one gets it flexed out.

It really does not matter that much

back up it then

Or get a tractor to lift a tire up

i would also highly recommend adding some more material to the axle mounts for the track bar. weld a plate across the back and one to the bottom to connect the two side supports and to get more surface on the housing itself.

without the extra plates, the two side plates can and will tear out of the housing. remember, these are stamped housings, not thick wall tubing like the domestic counterparts.

well dan looking alittle better than when i helped you do soa.....are you going to run 35s or 38s like you had on there before?

pretty sure he's on the road to iowa right now......

fwak.......anybody on the cruiser-list where you are?

Work truck??? I hope at least?

damnit..

BTW, I got your message, and I know nothing about isuzy diesels cept that they make the duramax...

Sorry amigo, anyone helping?

dan you gety frankin rig up and home yet? damn that sucks bro

I made it home at 2:00am this morning. I slept till 7:00am and been wrenching on the FJ40.5 EC as well as my Mini and my M6. I'm trying to get some space cleared out to pull the Tow Rig into the shop for some enhancements.

My FJ45 EC is going to FC Fabrications for tube fenders and shocks on the 11th so I have to get a few things done on it.

damn sorry to hear it bro you still going sat...bbq

My FJ45 EC is going to FC Fabrications for tube fenders and shocks on the 11th so I have to get a few things done on it.

I stopped by tuesday and checked on the progress. After meeting and discussing a few things with Don a few changes were made. :D

He spent some time with the Plasma Cutter and removed all of my "booty-fabbed / Looks like a trail repair weld" kinda stuff. I told him it was just for mock up. He laughed so hard, I thought he was going to piss himself.

The New traction bar and traction bar mounts were installed at both ends of the bar. I saw the traction bar just as it came out of the paint booth. WOW looks nice.

The frame is shortened in the rear. New crossmembers were installed at the very rear. More will be added as the rear shock mounts are completed and the fuel tanks are reinstalled.

The Kay-Mar swing out fuel can holder was modified and now sports an FC Fabrication triple fuel can mount. Check his website to see a few pictures of his designs. www.fcfabrication.com

The front hoop is installed on both side for the shock mounts. He is starting on the front tube fenders. He is incorporating the fiberglass hood onto the tube fenders.

Battery is getting relocated.

The fuel tank are out and he is starting on the mounts to reinstall them. I had them mounted too low for the traction bar setup. They wil be moved up a few inches.

It looks very good. I will let him post pictures.

you going to have it back for snt? or you taking the 60?

Picking it up friday.

One more trip to FC Fabrication next spring and hopefully this will be done.

It will be time for a new project.

Pics will be up on Saturday unless he posted them on here or his website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom