Builds FJ 45 Extended Cab Custom Vehicle Build Finally Begins (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

holy molly. Is the hood of your fj45 higher then your tow rig?

Umm, Yep!

That is why I am seriously considering going back SUA and lowering it about 7".

I have two buddys (Weak-Link and Freds40) who are going to come down some weekend and we are going to try to lower it but keep it SOA.

Butt height in the 45 is about 6" higher than the Butt height in the Tow rig. FC Fabrication built the cage so the seat sits nice and low.
DSCF3872.JPG

that sounds like a perfect weekend for a wrenching weekend ;)

Instead of taking so much time lowering it right now when you have other thins that need to be completed to get t finished, why not take it out and wheel it behind you on your trails and then decide? Sure the rack my clip some overhead branches, but if it is stable, who knows, maybe you will like it that way.

I plan on doing that. But this has to go on the FJ45 run over Labor Day.

I'm really not looking forward to straping a chainsaw on each side of the roof rack and running them WOT just to make it to camp. :D

that sounds like a perfect weekend for a wrenching weekend ;)

Instead of taking so much time lowering it right now when you have other thins that need to be completed to get t finished, why not take it out and wheel it behind you on your trails and then decide? Sure the rack my clip some overhead branches, but if it is stable, who knows, maybe you will like it that way.

I would wheel it like it is, and hope it settles some. SUA nets better stability but creates more things to get hung up on...
It looks badass! What color you planning on?

maybe i should bring my toyota forklift to the 'fj45 run" this year?! i think that'll be the only way to get the camping gear off the roof rack! :flipoff2:

ya. cant seem to lower the rear down? and use stock up front. i plan on running stock springs with 42s :D low. oh btw it makes your tow truck seem small and that thing is big.

maybe i should bring my toyota forklift to the 'fj45 run" this year?! i think that'll be the only way to get the camping gear off the roof rack! :flipoff2:

I could probably park in the Mud Pit and just flip out the top RTT and not use the ladder.

Watermelon George would probably be pissed though.

Take a leaf or two out of all the springs...that should lower it a bit.

that could be a very bad idea considering the weight of this rig and the fact that the rears only have 3 leaves to start with. LOL :whoops:

that could be a very bad idea considering the weight of this rig and the fact that the rears only have 3 leaves to start with. LOL :whoops:

Yeah. I didn't know that the rears only have 3 leaves. The rear may sit down a good bit once the full weight goes on it. I would see how low it sits after the weight is on it and then maybe take a leaf out of the fronts to level it up.

Outside of that, you are looking at raising the spring hangers, etc.

WOW super sweet

I am getting everything bolted down and ready to run. I am going to take this wheeling this weekend and see how it performs on my 36acre Rock park.

My 4:88's and lockers are in at the shop but not installed.

If it will not do what my built 76 FJ40 will do with ease, it is going under the knife and going to get modified to look like.........

Well I don't know.

It is too damn tall right now, that is what I do know.

THE KNIFE, TOO TALL, WHAT ITS NOT TOO TALL, JUST NEED TO GO WIDER, HAHAHA. cant wait to see pics of you i action on the rocks this weekend.
on a good note though, you will have a metric butt ton of weight low, like all the fuel for one, and heck you have no real body really, i mean just a cab and some tubing out back. You maybe pretty good. anyway awaiting pics and details
cheers bro

chappy

Cool Project!

I would lose the rack though, too tall. Why not build a tray back bed of some sort and keep all the gear/tents lower?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom