Builds FJ 45 Extended Cab Custom Vehicle Build Finally Begins (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LOL!
The Tow rig is about 80% ndone and the FJEC is about 50% done. They will look equally good after a bed is on the FJEC and the FJTOWR is painted.

I hate to say it.... but the tow rig looks cooler than the 45..:crybaby: Are you going to paint the tow rig?:grinpimp:

Would that workbox fit on the 45?

WOW ... isnt even good enough to say what I think top noch job on both way to think out side the box ...and keep the pics comin :cheers::steer:

Looked quick and couldn't find what springs you are using but I say keep it sprung over. Try some shorter springs, sleeve the shackle end through the frame, french the front spring eye into the frame.
Many ways to drop it down, just depends on what you want to do. I'm just really not a fan of sprung under on a trail rig.

Cool reading this thread from begining to end...haven't checked in for a while...lots of progress...keep up the good work and hope to see it at SNT 2008...

Something like this will net you roughly an inch or 2 drop (this was on my 40). Then sleeve the shackle bushing through the frame and you can pick up a couple of more inches. Should be pretty easy to get you down a bit.

IMG_1244.jpg

wow dude that is some mega angle on your leaves.

believe those leaves ( spring pack ) are not attached to the axle .. ? or at least not to the shackle at other side ..

G'day D'Animal,

I have really enjoyed watching your progress, thank you for posting it. I'm sure you have seen this truck before, but I thought I would post it here anyway. This was taken in Virginia in about 1996 or 1997 if I remember correctly. I don't know where she is now, but she was featured in the Trails back in the 90s sometime. I have been planning a conversion like this for about 15 years... one day I will do it too...

Cheers,

Josh
FJ45XTRA.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom