Builds FJ-43 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Updated Tag.

FB1896B8-04B5-4892-BC16-494D1513F906.jpeg

Just put together an awesome all metal phone holder that will mount magnetically to the dash

Used the enduro line of gear from Tackform with a rubber coated magnet from Amazon

Tackform enduro series components:
-TF-AR-09 3.5" ARM | DUAL 20MM BALL COUPLERS | ENDURO SERIES
-TF-BS-28 TRIPOD ADAPTER | 1/4"-20 HOLE | 20MM BALL CONNECTION | ENDURO SERIES
-TF-HL-20 PHONE CRADLE | 20MM BALL CONNECTION | SPRING LOADED CRADLE | ENDURO SERIES

Amazon Rubber Coated Magnet:
-MUTUACTOR 2pack Neodymium Magnetic Base Rubber Coated 1/4"-20 Male Threaded Stud Pot Magnetic Fasteners, 55lbs Vertical Pull-Force Magnet

5228BCB8-2F41-4C67-8A1D-6B15BA0B1953.jpeg

My paint is nowhere near as nice as yours, but this little doohickey from Toyota ( 63118-90300 ) will keep you from scaring up the paint on your hood for like 3 bucks.

F1C01FCB-016A-4411-8FB6-335E3F0EE972.jpeg

Absolute beautiful build, Congrats!!! I love the interior color.

It has been three months since I received the truck and I have been spending a lot of time going through, learning and checking everything during my quarantine downtime. You got to just love the beautiful simplicity of these trucks. I plan on giving a full report on how things are going, lessons learned, and solutions to problems I faced so far.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that and a bit surprised you are having those issues so early into driving it. I would have hoped the shop would have tested all of that out. Glad you were able to get it figured out. Hopefully, there is no long term damage to the ARB.

Actually, I found out it’s a pretty common problem with the ARB air system which is how I found the fix quick. It takes numerous heat-up cool down cycles to get the oil all the way up the line so the shop never saw it during their 300 miles of testing. I did not see any oil at the solenoid until I had 1400 miles on it and that was only after a 1 hour 75 mph highway trip.

Anyway, no damage done and all’s good now. I am planning to install a remote ARB axel breather setup before I start any real off-roading which should prevent any future blockages.

Last edited:
Sounds good. I currently have a York Air Compressor running on mine, but I'm having some air pressure issues. Just pulled out all the hoses and going to start at the compressor and move forward to see if we can fix it. If not, ARB will be the route I go. Currently running onboard air and ARB lockers. Beautiful rig and if I ever get down to Houston would love to take a peek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom