Builds Fix'n up the Land Cruiser..... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Temps are looking good I think? Was 98 deg out and this was 30 min of stop and go traffic and picking up to speed at the end...

20190726_170646.jpg

Hard to say, as my interior is hard, ripped, and faded...Compared to the old, slightly darker. But a great match to the interior plastic trim. Grain and texture are fantastic. (You cannot tell the transition between leather and vinyl)***EDIT, You CAN tell the transition between leather and vinyl. Even with that said, I do wish I had the coin for the %100 leather kit, just for the extra leather smell factor. Click the link and there are already some great install pics....

How is the color match to the original two tone colors? Also how is the grain/texture match? Thanks!

Last edited:
I've been following your build for a while: great job! I also have a 97 40thanniversary and looks like we're following similar paths in our mods.
BTW, have you consider @Photoman bracket for a Tundra/Sequoia 160 amp alternator? With all the accessories we get these days this possibly one of the greatest mods-albeit putting the belts back is a real PITA.
Again, congrats for the great build
Cheers!

I've been following your build for a while: great job! I also have a 97 40thanniversary and looks like we're following similar paths in our mods.
BTW, have you consider @Photoman bracket for a Tundra/Sequoia 160 amp alternator? With all the accessories we get these days this possibly one of the greatest mods-albeit putting the belts back is a real PITA.
Again, congrats for the great build
Cheers!

Thank you very much. 🙂 I have not had the need to upgrade the alternator yet. Even when using the fridge for days, a little trail ride still charges everything up well. Maybe when I upgrade the stereo system and add a sub this will become a necessary to do. When I use the winch or air compressor I just set the idle to 2k with my throttle knob. Oh and BTW, my fridge runs 24/7. When at work or home though it gets 120v.

How is the color match to the original two tone colors? Also how is the grain/texture match? Thanks!

To add....Grain is more pronounced than OEM. However, I think it looks much better.

Hard to say, as my interior is hard, ripped, and faded...Compared to the old, slightly darker. But a great match to the interior plastic trim. Grain and texture are fantastic. (You cannot tell the transition between leather and vinyl)***EDIT, You CAN tell the transition between leather and vinyl. Even with that said, I do wish I had the coin for the %100 leather kit, just for the extra leather smell factor. Click the link and there are already some great install pics....

Edited the above post. You CAN tell the transition between vinyl and leather if you do not buy the 100% leather kit. I would recommend that now. I am color blind and could not tell the difference until the shop that will do the install pointed it out to me.

Now that they have and I focus my eyes in the right light, there definently is a difference. Makes me want the all leather kit, but looking at the factory seat, it also has a color difference as well. I am not returning the kit however, as the cost is what I was willing to spend on the covers. I'm sure I will be happy and the color less noticeable once installed in the truck. I will be dropping the truck off this Monday for install, with a 2.5 day turn around.

Last edited:
Dropped the truck off for the interior make over, and installer came across a broken frame on the driver side. It is going to get welded up. I knew it was likely bad before hand...

20190813_153641.jpg

Last edited:
Had the new OEM foam installed. Drivers thigh bolster area welded and leather kit from @FJ60Cam installed in 1st and 2nd row. Includes center console cover and all door arm rests. I left out the seat netting and left the door panel vinyl OE. Had it all installed professionally and it came out soooooo nice! Shout out to Golden State Upholstery in Sac for the awesome work!

20190815_090432.jpg
20190815_090546.jpg
20190815_090411.jpg
20190815_090638.jpg

Seats turned out really nice Paul!

Let me know how the install of that fort knox box goes...I need to do the same

Another step of reducing interior items and making things easier. I always had this scepter water can and the blue cube from Wally World inside the truck. Now I can ditch the cube with the handy spout because I added a stainless steel spout to the scepter can on the swing out. Also purchased a sealed cap to keep it clean. I am going to love the convenience of this.

20190902_003002.jpg

20190902_002924.jpg

Last edited:
Finally ditched the POS Scion stereo and managed to do my first full system install.

Here is what's going in:

Alpine ILX-W650 7" touch screen
Alpine KTA-450 amp
MicroBypass Parking Brake Override
JL Audio C2-400X 4" speakers for the dash
Polk Audio DB 6502's for the front doors
Polk Audio DB 652's for the rear doors
JL Audio 12" ported sub with amp (soon)

I wrapped all my wires and harnesses with this tape. Get some, it is amazing.

20191023_213328.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom