Wanted First time LC-buyer looking for an FZJ80 (and advice) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey all, I've officially caught the bug and am in the market for my first FZJ80. I've set my budget at 15k for a very well-maintained Cruiser with ≤200k miles. My search these days mostly involves prowling local craigslist listings, eBay, and the ih8mud classifieds, and I'm still getting a feel for what I can realistically expect for different price points. My business with you all is two-fold:

1. If anyone reading this has a Cruiser for sale that meets my specification in either the Bay Area or southern Arizona, consider this my wanted posting. I'm very interested.

2. Do any of you have experience buying from this eBay dealer? He's got a number of Cruisers for sale, most between $11k and $17k and 160k and 210k miles:

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser Base Sport Utility 4-Door
1996 Toyota Land Cruiser Base Sport Utility 4-Door
1997 Toyota Land Cruiser Base Sport Utility 4-Door

I gather that's on the pricey side, and I have no sense of how these things run, but the trucks look great inside and out. What do y'all think? Are these listings raising any red flags? Is buying a LC from an eBay dealer worth my time, or is it a sucker's move plain and simple?

Oh, and apologies if this the wrong forum for this post, but the classifieds struck me as the ideal place for sound buying advice.

-R

I've been watching the PA ebay guy closely too. I'm close to there. His prices seems really high most dont even have lockers but some are real clean.

If you are willing to travel to Idaho to pick one up, i have mine for sale.

Hey all, I've officially caught the bug and am in the market for my first FZJ80. I've set my budget at 15k for a very well-maintained Cruiser with ≤200k miles. My search these days mostly involves prowling local craigslist listings, eBay, and the ih8mud classifieds, and I'm still getting a feel for what I can realistically expect for different price points. My business with you all is two-fold:

1. If anyone reading this has a Cruiser for sale that meets my specification in either the Bay Area or southern Arizona, consider this my wanted posting. I'm very interested.

2. Do any of you have experience buying from this eBay dealer? He's got a number of Cruisers for sale, most between $11k and $17k and 160k and 210k miles:

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser Base Sport Utility 4-Door
1997 Toyota Land Cruiser Base Sport Utility 4-Door

I gather that's on the pricey side, and I have no sense of how these things run, but the trucks look great inside and out. What do y'all think? Are these listings raising any red flags? Is buying a LC from an eBay dealer worth my time, or is it a sucker's move plain and simple?

Oh, and apologies if this the wrong forum for this post, but the classifieds struck me as the ideal place for sound buying advice.

-R

Not sure if you bought, have a black, 97, 208k, no rust, not trailed everything is good to go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom