First time LC Buyer - FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What are your plans for the truck? DD or trail? what kind of trail? it is a nice 80 except the rust but for 12K you can get a 100 series.
Things to consider some parts for the 80 are no longer available.

Won't be a DD. More of an adventure vehicle. Camping and backcountry driving. It would be used for a cross country road trip next year when we relocate.

I like how "check exterior lights" qualifies as a maintenance line item.

I should start a shop where I "verify quad wheeled vehicle has sufficient mounted tire count"

i dont like the carfax..freekin hot potatoe or wut?---rust is officially 3d ,and id offer 3k just to ruffle his daydreaming feathers.

Also go to toyota . com and look for service records.. maybe 3.2 k lol. I like the color tho--

Is that the dealer that runs ads on EBay, if i remember right, i think his dealership is located Virginia. If that is in fact the same truck, he's had it listed for sale for months. If it is the same truck he's come down on the price, a few months back he had it listed for over 16 grand.

Selling out of MD. Was a WV truck its whole life it seems..

Bring cash to the test drive and if you like it then strike a deal. We all know you have talked yourself into it, its now a matter of does it actually make sense.

Try out everything (AC, power windows, 4 wheel low, front and rear lockers, cruise control, sunroof, stereo, seats, wipers, etc..). Use a paper towel to check all of the fluids you can access (oil, transmission, power steering, brake, coolant).

Ask that you get a chance to start it "cold". Before turning the key verify the check engine light works and that it goes off once running. Save the locker and low range test for a gravel parking lot and after its been driven a bit.

If anything doesn't work use it to negotiate. Listen for wierd noises, drive it on the freeway and get an overall sense of how things feel. If this turns out not to be the "one" then at least you have driven an 80 to compare the next one to. Good luck!

Sweet ! Congrats! Id start wit rust werk ,then get a napa head-gasket test kit, change phh, and thoroughly go thru the axle maintenance. Pretty standard to spend 2 grand baselining the maintenance. I got a mint 80 and i still spent near 3grand baselining it all before i even drove it twice. Expedition vehicle so i had to get it all perfect from the get go ,YMMV. Fun to werk on tho..i love the color you got--

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom