First Post! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey every body, My name is matt and I'm new to land cruisers but iv had a few Tacoma's over the years. Thanks for letting me a part of 1H8MUD! So I just got a 2000 lc for the wife, 180k on the dash and it runs great but we both feel that its down on power having the 4.7 and 4.30's. I am a mechanic and to me I thought it felt like an exhaust restriction. I'm getting 4-6 psi of pack pressure on both banks checking at the up stream o2's. (engine cold in park wide open snaps) I know that's a high reading but the cats on this are huge. so I guess I'm looking to know if any one has any insight or maybe knows what a healthy back pressure reading is on one of theses trucks... Thanks a lot.

Sorry, I cannot help you with that, but make sure to replace the heater T's if they appear to be old. This is the first thing to do just after buying a 100 series.

Hey every body, My name is matt and I'm new to land cruisers but iv had a few Tacoma's over the years. Thanks for letting me a part of 1H8MUD! So I just got a 2000 lc for the wife, 180k on the dash and it runs great but we both feel that its down on power having the 4.7 and 4.30's. I am a mechanic and to me I thought it felt like an exhaust restriction. I'm getting 4-6 psi of pack pressure on both banks checking at the up stream o2's. (engine cold in park wide open snaps) I know that's a high reading but the cats on this are huge. so I guess I'm looking to know if any one has any insight or maybe knows what a healthy back pressure reading is on one of theses trucks... Thanks a lot.

I know there is a pretty big restriction at the Y, right after the headers and before the muffler... could be a good place to start. I know a lot of people have great results swapping to Doug Thorely (sp?) headers too

I know there is a pretty big restriction at the Y, right after the headers and before the muffler... could be a good place to start. I know a lot of people have great results swapping to Doug Thorely (sp?) headers too
Cool thanks, it also has a cheap welded in muffler on it so tomorrow ill check back pressure after the cats and report back!

Welcome!

Remember how heavy it is and all time 4wd. It will feel twice as slow as your Tacoma. These rigs are corked up pretty well factory for sound and with 4 cats you are going to see a ton of back pressure. I believe this is why the exhaust manifolds crack, but that's another discussion.
Welcome to Mud!

Welcome! Enjoy the addiction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom